Ukraine invasion...

Had Dinner with my son....who filled me in on a few of his activities in the Ukraine.....(.i'm sure not all though.).......so relieved to see him........

• Like 6
  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just had a brilliant text.........my son Has left the Ukraine and is driving thru Poland...........I thank the good Lord...he had been in Ukraine since day one of the ''Invasion''              He

My Son......saying a 'Heart-breaking goodbye'' to two of his friends..somewhere in the Ukraine.........

Had Dinner with my son....who filled me in on a few of his activities in the Ukraine.....(.i'm sure not all though.).......so relieved to see him........      

2 hours ago, nonnaB said:

Hope Biden's ill timed comments don't make this situation worse.

US seems to be very embarrassed . Not an intelligent remark to make by a president. EU is very concerned judging by the comments of leaders.

…. But a President should be very careful what he says in his speeches or even in passing remarks.
I don’t think he should have said what he was thinking - he should have followed the (no doubt) carefully worded script.

If we said a similar thing it wouldn’t aggravate the situation, but when a representative of a country makes a controversial remark it is listened to and widely shared across the world.

• Like 1

I agree that as the president he shouldn’t have said what he did but bearing in mind he had just met with Ukrainian refugees and as a human being had recognised the situation for what it actually is then I understand that he was fired up. Maybe he should have come down off the ceiling before he made the comments but I’m with Jill Sparrow and say what I think. I’m not the president either though.

E6062F22-B8C0-462B-BB8F-7520EE3755FA

My Son......saying a 'Heart-breaking goodbye'' to two of his friends..somewhere in the Ukraine.........

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Beautiful Ben , my husband would have loved to have those 2 dogs. He’s been and still is worried about all the animals there. Well done your son.

• Like 2

He also had a strong attachment to a lovely Tom Cat......which he contemplated 'Smuggling'' home with him.....

He was working with several nationalities and finally decided his Italian mate would be the best to look after the 'Cat''

Which he made swear he would....:)

• Like 1

Ref: Biden's comments..yes. possibly a little OTT.

But..Putin's gang's response. 'Up to Russians to decide...' was not only an obvious lie since Putin clearly operates a criminal dictatorship, but was also an open goal which the West failed to capitalise on by responding:

"Yes  ... a principle which Putin appears to be disregarding where Ukraine is concerned."

Re Bidens remark: I read John Majors autobiography where he said "in international relations you can think what you want as PM, but say what the diplomats tell you to say in public." Think Biden had forgotten that rule & his diplomats were doing their nuts behind the scenes...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Not being allowed to say what you think is, basically, the situation in Russia.  Everyone should be allowed to say what they think, no matter who it offends. Reciprocal rights granted, of course. If we can't be mature enough to hear someone else's opinion, even if we don't agree with it, without turning puce, foaming at the mouth and lacing their choccie bar with poison then we need to go back and play in the sand pit until we can grow up.

• Like 2
On 3/29/2022 at 9:12 PM, Jill Sparrow said:

Not being allowed to say what you think is, basically, the situation in Russia.  Everyone should be allowed to say what they think, no matter who it offends.

Sadly that has not been the case here, never mind Russia, for a long time, and is getting worse. Your opinion, no matter how sincere, can see you in court, even if no-one has complained.

I'm sorry to say it, Phil, but in my experience Christians are as bad, if not worse, than non Christians. Not all, of course, but I've been metaphorically stabbed in the back several times by the purportedly pious.

• 1 month later...

One of the Ukraine refugees is now working for my daughter in the restaurant. She speaks Italian and English and seems to be happy to be working. She didnt want to accept money for the few hours she had worked. It was accepted after reasoning with her. Hope shes happy here but no doubt thinks about her husband that had to stay to fight.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Some saying that now civilians have left the steelworks in Mariupol & the Ukrainian troops are well dug in that Putin will fire a small nuke at them. Just hoping the mad man doesn't do this, but wouldn't be surprised if he does...

But tactical nukes are, like Betjeman's bombs, far more friendly and have a much reduced yield. It will need almost 300 to kill all of us, but fear not we have plenty, over 2000 of them in fact so we're not likely to run short..

We have over 13000 of their big brothers of which it's calculated between 10 and 100 will end the world as we know it.

It's being so cheerful that keeps me going...

• Like 1