Sad to hear of Peter's demise............long history in some great TV series.......been watching lately in 'Talking Pictures'' played a good part in Rumpole of the Bailey............

Went to High Pavement GS on Bestwood estate..although i believe born in London........lived on Kersal drive..Highbury vale estate during his school years....RIP Mr Bowles............

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

Relations or relatives? There's a subtle difference! smile2

Yes you told me that before Phil...........i'm only ex Padstow school....and went there with lots of relations........smile2

• Like 1

I’d never heard of Berridge school till I came on here!  I did go to school with a couple of girls whose surname was Berridge though… does that count?  lol

1 hour ago, Jill Sparrow said:

You've certainly heard of it now, haven't you Margie? :rolleyes:. You mustn't think of yourself as deprived...or, in Phil's case, depraved.

I know your post is meant as a joke, but Arno Vale was a great school and still holds good memories for me (except for one teacher).  I suppose it was very different from an inner city school because even though it was an old building it was, and still is, set in a very large green area.

So I don’t feel  deprived by not attending Berridge but I do find it interesting seeing all the photos and reading people’s memories of the school.
 I think there are only 3 or 4 people on here that went to Arno Vale…

I’ve never heard of Berridge either but also, I have now!  Have heard of Mellish though, my two brothers were there.

I believe Peter Bowles lived in St Paul's Avenue, off Radford Road. That would put him in the catchment area of Berridge.  Unlike the recently mentioned Pleasant Row which runs parallel to St Paul's Avenue on the other side of the former St Paul's church, many of the houses in St Paul's Avenue have survived but have been updated since his time living there.

18 hours ago, MargieH said:

I’d never heard of Berridge school till I came on here!  I did go to school with a couple of girls whose surname was Berridge though… does that count?  lol

Margie, I knew an auburn haired girl called Stella Berridge who lived in The Meadows around 1966/7. She went to Roland Green School across the Toll Bridge in Wilford where my first job on leaving school was based.