Here are a few more

Two moon gazer hares, Parsley and Robbie the rabbit

CE7-BCC0-D-EE82-4600-BBA9-0470-A50-AE98-

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

You are very talented, nonna.  How do you find the time to make them?   I expect you have to keep your little dogs well away :) 

• Like 1

Margie I love doing these animals. It started just before Christmas when I was searching for an unusual gift for a friend and spotted a felted fox bookmark. I ordered it but it was too long for delivery but sent for it the same as it intrigued me. I find time when I love something. I hate sitting with nothing to do and the lockdowns have helped to keep my mind and hands busy. Yes my dogs especially one of them, she wanted to chew it but then she sits by my side as I’m working. Wasn’t quite so lucky the other day, I was making a tiny mouse and my husband called me outside , I just left the work where it was but returning couldn’t find it. It was on top of the bed in pieces, feet, head and ears . I managed to salvage the pieces so I’ll either put it back together or put it to make something else which happens quite often. An object starts out as one thing but it doesn’t turn out so it develops all on its own to become something else. I do have to Hoover the floor after I’ve finished to make sure all the bits of wool don’t get into the dogs mouths.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

This is our new Butler, hes already drunk the wine ( very special from the wine festivals 2020 vendemia) and now hes starting on the liquors. Shall have to find him another employment.

IMG-2829-Original.jpg

• Like 6

Thankyou Brew my daughter is borrowing him for the wine festival in a couple of weeks time. All restaurants , bars and b& bs have stalls selling food and they are accompanied by a wine producer so 

“ Jeeves” will be holding up a bottle from that producer or will it be the bottle holding “ Jeeves” up:laughing:

B37-B5-D9-F-ACEB-4091-BF6-D-B3-BE334-F60

The little fox at the front started it all in November last year.

• Like 3

I love the butler nonna, you are so talented.

Thankyou Mrs B I love doing these felted figures. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just a bit of fun to use up some oddments of unfinished works. The wool took over and he eventually was named "Whatever". Hes from the " Whatare family" They all live in a box.

You have to understand felting to understand that the wool and a felting needle do take over.

IMG-3200-Original.jpg

• Like 3

nonna you are so clever, he’s lovely. Mrs B

I still love the butler though

• Like 1

Thankyou Mrs B. I haven’t done much felting lately because I didn’t have any inspiration and it was useless to start something without having an idea. But a while ago I felted some cone shapes for my grand daughter to start on this hobby but she was busy with homework so they were left. I have 2 boxes with shapes and unfinished works so I thought I’d get them out and started on “ whatever” and he just evolved. It’s strange but sometimes the wool takes on a form of its own. What starts off as a mouse will very often turn into a face or another animal. I know it’s hard to believe but it’s true.

image.jpg

He is contemplating whether I did the right thing or not. He started life as an old woman but he became a modern wizard in love with a mouse.

• Like 2

NonnaB you are a very talented Lady, I enjoy looking at the work you do and I am fascinated by the characters you design, what I appreciate most is photos of the food you make, yes the main like of my life is food.

Nonna, I would like to have a crack at this felting lark. What's the best way of going about it? And how does one start to learn the method?

Sounds a good idea RR, but how big would the needle be?

(can I respectfully ask you, where you got your b/w photograph of the canal lock near Crown Island and is it possible to purchase a copy?).

21 hours ago, philmayfield said:

Go into a draper's shop and ask the lady if you can get felt. Report back! :biggrin:

Called in the drapers shop Phil, as you suggested. The swellings going down and the stitches come out next Saturday. 

• Like 1