Sandfield House, 7 Mansfield Road, Social Club on the Top Floor, late 1970's, Did it exist?

Hi, 

This is how I remember it. In my early teens, in the late 70's, I played the keyboard with a drummer as a duo on a Sunday or Monday night (He was a fantastic drummer BTW) on the top floor of Sandfield House in a social club, which I remember as being the Nottingham City Transport Social Club. It was situated on the corner of Mansfield Road and Peachey Street. I can find no information on Google about Sandfield House (except the one that used to be in Lenton). The Sandfield House on Mansfield Road, as I remember It, is now a the 'Nottingham Community and Voluntary Centre'. Does anyone care to clarify anything I have written. Was it called Sandfield House, did it have a social club on the top floor and if so, who was it for? Or am I going a bit...I can remember playing there as clear as day but the internet has come up with nothing. Thank You.

It's been called Sandfield House for as long as I can remember, but I never really paid much attention to what actually happened there.

This gives a bit of extra information/confirmation.   https://picturenottingham.co.uk/image-library/image-details/poster/ntgm015853/posterid/ntgm015853.html

There are contributors here who may remember it when it was connected to the NCT Social Club.

• Like 1

Went there once in the 70s for a “gentleman's evening”. Basically a strip show with a couple of average comedians.

That event sticks in the memory because a mate of mine had a few too many drinks and heckled one of the strippers. She answered back by removing her thong and rubbing it in his face.

• Like 1

Thank You for the replies folks. I don't know where I got NCT from. So basically the weekends entertainment went from Disco, Live Act, something else, (usually Bingo) to organ and drummer duo. I guess we played on a Monday night then.:). Gentlemens Evenings, where your mates heckle and then point at you... Got the T-Shirt:(