While we're all enthusiastic about County's efforts, lets not forget that another local team has the chance of promotion.

Forest are guaranteed a play off place, that's where all the hard work really starts, but lets not forget this.

County have been in the media all season, talk of working their way up to the premiership, etc etc, dreams wrecked, lots of fear and loathing, lot's of highs, lots of lows, now that place in Div 1 is more or less secured, the team is already being sold off.

Lets not forget the quiet lads here, no fuss, after the next three actual league matches, Forest are only two games off being in the Premiership, it might be a failure, who knows, but give them a bit of credit for their achievments, it isn't reflected on here.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

U Reds!! We can’t keep commenting on a thread called ‘All Going Wrong’. when everything is going right! County are doing well too.   

Yes LizzieM A great result for all three local clubs last night. County look assured of a play off spot it would be great to see them back in the league proper. Forest still in with a c

Not really...unless it is in the County Cup - a pre-season friendly. Not even sure if that competition is still in being?

Only other chance would be a League Cup, or an FA Cup, draw...

Cheers

Robt P.

You are not seriously expecting us to start cheering and bulling up a side who in the past have had more publicity than Jordan, Jade Goody, Gordon Brown and all of the Conservative party morons put together???

Don't forget it's the Florists who refused to ground share with us;

"Because they are far more important to this city than a third division out fit (Notts, even though we were in the 1st at the time) and deserve this to be acknowledged by the paying public"

Fred Reacher, when asked why he had vetoed the plan to have a new joint stadium built on the land previously occupied by the Nottingham power station. This would have been potentially the new national stadium and the centre of football excellence , in the end it nearly bankrupted Notts to rebuild the ground selling their better players to finance the deal , thus getting them relegated !!

A totally absurd line of reasoning...

This has all become rather silly... presenting the team as if it is some East Midlands version of Barcelona - the 'Colin Slater syndrome'. Reality is that its a club that has struggled in the lower reaches of the game for decades and is enjoying some short term success that will take it to a slightly higher level, before the inevitable descent back to the game's basement ...get real...

Cheers

Robt P.

Reality is that its a club that has struggled in the lower reaches of the game for decades and is enjoying some short term success that will take it to a slightly higher level, before the inevitable descent back to the game's basement ...get real...

Cheers

Robt P.

Or even further for that matter!!! I still don't think we've "Got away with it "

And if the Florists chairman can make absurd statements then why can't I ??

Yes County cup still played. Last years final Notts 2 Forest 1.

I once played in a preliminary round of the County Cup for MAA league side Highcliffe FC, we beat Combined Colleges 6-0 on Bulwell Forest, I scored the first goal, side footed through a melee of players and under the goalkeepers diving body, I even got a mention in the Football Post that night. The next round we saw off Cinderhill Colliery 6-0, but got knocked out in the end by Mansfield Grammar School OB's, serve them right for relegating me to substitute, so we didn't get to the final, probably a good thing, I didn't fancy my chances against Peter 'Tank' Hindley.

• 1 year later...

I see Florist lived up to their usual play off standards tonight , (Couldn't beat a team that played with 10 men for 89 of the 90 minutes !!)

congrats.gif

From a mate at the match

Quote:-

"Well, what a dull match. I hope that it was more entertaining on the television than it was for me and Ashley. If anybody thinks that Forest are a premiership side in waiting based on this display they are living in cloud cuckoo land"

• 1 year later...

When Forest were without a Manager and only half a team, pre season, there were many comments on the Nottingham Forest thread. Today Forest have a Manager, a decent team and are currently joint second from top in the Championship. Despite this, like the Notts thread, not one comment. I've seen Forest play on the television and, in my opinion, once all the new players settle in they are going to improve and become a very good side. Hopefully, they'll be up there come the end of the season.

• 2 years later...

Well, the dust has finally settled on a truly disappointing season for the local teams.

Forest, after an early bout of success lost the plot. Changed the manager. Again, early success then lost the plot.

County, brilliant start, got dizzy and plummeted. New manager enlisted, but to no avail. Still relegated.

Mansfield couldn't adapt to life in a higher league, but thankfully escaped the drop.

Derby were envied in the later stages of the season, but the pressure got to them, and as with last season they failed in the last match. It gave me a temporary chuckle, but that's no benefit to the rest of us.

So roll on August and let's get the locals all promoted. No Derby, you're not local !

• Upvote 2

Come on Forest, I want to get my scarf and woolly hat out of the loft.

It's probably all moth eaten by now !!!!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Congratulations are due to Forest for beating Premiership side Newcastle United tonight in the League Cup.

Despite conceding an injury time equaliser, the mighty Reds hit them almost immediately with two goals within a minute to win 3 - 1.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Well done Forest