Some chap who lived on the left hand side of Andover Road, just before the shops and the Jn. with Arnold Rd,... filled his front garden with little red and white 'picket' fences, about a foot high.... surrounding his lawn and borders. IIRC he also had nothing but red and white flowers.

And of course there were the usual tales of proud fathers naming their kids after the entire team.  Not great if you were a baby girl.. :wacko:

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

U Reds!! We can’t keep commenting on a thread called ‘All Going Wrong’. when everything is going right! County are doing well too.   

Yes LizzieM A great result for all three local clubs last night. County look assured of a play off spot it would be great to see them back in the league proper. Forest still in with a c

Dare to dream!

I well remember the famous 3-2 6th round win against another scouse team Everton where Brian Labone clogged Zigger Zagger and ISM's hat trick. Queued all night along the Trent End wall for my semi final ticket against Spurs at Hillsborough sadly though lost 2-1. 

11 hours ago, radfordred said:

All together in the key of G

We're coming for you, we're coming for you, you scouse bastards, we're coming for you 

U-REDS:yahoo:

As a Notts County fan I genuinely wish Forest the best of luck against Liverpool in the cup.

Liverpool will be their sternest test to date but at home Forest are certainly formidable opposition as Arsenal and Leicester found out so it could happen.

Is there history between Forest and Liverpool because I don't understand the need to badmouth them in the manner you've chosen?

The last time I went to a football match was in the early 60s, possibly 1960. Went with my mate, Mick Jeffery (wonder where he is now), we went to see Notts County beat Crystal Palace 7-1.

Did take my son and his school mates to see Forest, after Aspley Wood school was invited to sit in Directors booths,but I didn't watch the game. I had the telly on instead and made the tea.

Football 'Banter' can be a bit over the top Mess.......

Its like Derby's current problems....i'm sure even ardent Forest fans.....wish them well..........

I'm a Forest fan but also care for Derby....never hated them...after all they are local.....and i want to see them do well....

Now Leicester thats a different story..........lol

13 hours ago, radfordred said:

We're coming for you, we're coming for you, you scouse bastards, we're coming for you 

And then we wonder why football matched are prone to violence

2 hours ago, philmayfield said:

The Forest/Liverpool match won't exactly be a family day out then. Probably best to avoid the City centre. What's wrong with so called football supporters?

Oh come on, be fair, they're OK unless and outbreak of football spoils the fighting...

12 hours ago, Beekay said:

The last time I went to a football match was in the early 60s, possibly 1960. Went with my mate, Mick Jeffery (wonder where he is now), we went to see Notts County beat Crystal Palace 7-1.

Did take my son and his school mates to see Forest, after Aspley Wood school was invited to sit in Directors booths,but I didn't watch the game. I had the telly on instead and made the tea.

My dad took me to that game. I've just looked it up and it was played on Saturday Jan 2nd 1960. The attendance was just under 16000.

The 1959/60 season was my first experience of Notts as a 9 year old. Notts had been relegated to the new division 4 the previous season and bounced straight back into div 3 as runners up to Walsall. Tony Hateley made his debut for Notts in March that year.

Welcome to our site gary  Did you see the RED Men when Joe Baker played for them ?

Zigger Zaggar Joe Baker. 

I've posted this before, but the Forest team I remember from when I first went to Forest games with my Dad in 1967-69, when I was 10-12  was Grummitt, Hindley, Winfield, Hennessey, McKinley, Newton, Lyons, Barnwell, Baker, Wignall and Storey-Moore

• Like 2
2 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Best ever Forest team

I agree Ben

No disrespect to Cloughie and the two time Euro Champions but that team played some of the most exciting skillful football I have ever seen.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, annswabey said:

Grummitt, Hindley, Winfield, Hennessey, McKinley, Newton, Lyons, Barnwell, Baker, Wignall and Storey-Moore

I've only ever been to a few Forest games, and they were all evening matches in the mid-60s with my dad, after he'd come home from work. And that team (or something very similar) was who I saw in those days.  

• Like 1

Forest deserve to get back to the Premier league if only for its large following in our fair City............

Yesterday they attracted over 27,000 against QPR........Next highest in the Championship was only 17,000.........

10 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Forest deserve to get back to the Premier league if only for its large following in our fair City............

Yesterday they attracted over 27,000 against QPR........Next highest in the Championship was only 17,000.........

By that measure shouldn't Notts be in League 1?

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/8/2022 at 10:13 AM, benjamin1945 said:

Football 'Banter' can be a bit over the top Mess.......

Its like Derby's current problems....i'm sure even ardent Forest fans.....wish them well..........

I'm a Forest fan but also care for Derby....never hated them...after all they are local.....and i want to see them do well....

Now Leicester thats a different story..........lol

As a lifelong Forest fan, I like to think that I have a healthy disrespect for the team down the A52.  Whilst I don't want to see any club go out of business, I can't abide cheating and they should be severely punished.

On 3/13/2022 at 11:24 PM, annswabey said:

I've posted this before, but the Forest team I remember from when I first went to Forest games with my Dad in 1967-69, when I was 10-12  was Grummitt, Hindley, Winfield, Hennessey, McKinley, Newton, Lyons, Barnwell, Baker, Wignall and Storey-Moore

The first Forest team I watched, annswabey, in 1966/67 season.  Great football, good players and all of them real gentlemen.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Gary Baldy said:

As a lifelong Forest fan, I like to think that I have a healthy disrespect for the team down the A52.  Whilst I don't want to see any club go out of business, I can't abide cheating and they should be severely punished.

Weren't Forest hit with a transfer embargo back in 2014 because they contravened FFP rules?

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Well done Forest