Sorry guys as a newbie i am keen as mustard in this wonderful site , but i must rein myself in abit , i will try to curb my itchy fingers from tapping my mobile  phones keyboard so much !

Personally, I find it’s sometimes nice to just read the posts without responding with one of my own.  It’s interesting to read stories from a wide variety of people, who all have a special place in their hearts for Nottingham and memories of their young days there.

• Like 2

David, I completely agree with what you say, but I did say 'sometimes' :rolleyes: !!    Everyone is different and people respond to the forum in various ways so what I said is obviously just my own view.  Others may disagree and that's fine x

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback guys, i originally came on the site because i was interested in st anns child hood days of the 60,s 

But i don't see the point of this site if new members are put off from contributing to the discussion,  when people moan about burying topic , pointless 

• Like 1

From Newbie to Advanced in 3 days. It must be a record.

Nowadays I only respond to posts that interest/involve me. B.

• Like 1

I would agree that too general chatting does tend to bury the interesting posts. NS, it's about Nottingham, interesting people, bygones and history and places, not irrelevant chit chat.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I would agree that too general chatting does tend to bury the interesting posts. NS, it's about Nottingham, interesting people, bygones and history and places, not irrelevant chit chat.

What i have put on here i feel is relevant , i have contributed stories of nottingham related , but maybe you lot are set in your ways , i am finding the site very stale , and unfriendly to newcomers,  i am a carrington lad , so i qualify to be here to shake up the forum abit !

• Like 1

If it is any consolation David, I find your posts interesting. New blood is always good, us oldies sometimes feel like we've covered everything we can think of over the years. Keep on keeping on. 

• Like 2

Tek no notice David..........the site needs shaking up..........to many 'Bores and Hypocrites''.......i find you refreshing....

As Katy says keep coming on........

Irrelevant chit chat ......only boring to Boring folk......

Newby to advanced double quick......nowt up wi that.......

Ignore the circling Sharks.(or Shark)....just a bunch(or Pair) of sad people..........

• Like 3

A belated welcome David.  As far as this topic is concerned I say Gi' the lad a break!

I don't log in much anymore, but I still like read the threads over breakfast?  I don't post much anymore as I suppose most aren't interested in an old fogies views on his garden, dogs,  Christian perspective, and organ which I can't play so well since my stroke.  So I won't bore you.

I'm happy to read of a new members life experiences.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Beekay said:

From Newbie to Advanced in 3 days. It must be a record.

Nowadays I only respond to posts that interest/involve me. B.

Likewise.

2 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Tek no notice David..........the site needs shaking up..........to many 'Bores and Hypocrites''.......i find you refreshing....

As Katy says keep coming on........

Irrelevant chit chat ......only boring to Boring folk......

Newby to advanced double quick......nowt up wi that.......

Ignore the circling Sharks.(or Shark)....just a bunch(or Pair) of sad people..........

Ta me duck , thanks for the encouragement,  not that i need much leading on tha nows !!

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, loppylugs said:

A belated welcome David.  As far as this topic is concerned I say Gi' the lad a break!

I don't log in much anymore, but I still like read the threads over breakfast?  I don't post much anymore as I suppose most aren't interested in an old fogies views on his garden, dogs,  Christian perspective, and organ which I can't play so well since my stroke.  So I won't bore you.

I'm happy to read of a new members life experiences.

Thanks I've read afew of your post and they sound alrete to me serry !!!!

• Like 1

I suppose one problem is that not everyone is able to spend a lot of time on the forum - they maybe have family commitments, work or other stuff they want/ need to do.  I know when I’ve been away for just a day or two there are sometimes just too many posts to catch up on and I have to leave without reading them all.  That’s a shame because if people have taken the time to post something interesting or informative I enjoy giving them respect by reading it.

So David, please don’t stop posting altogether - you have led an interesting life.

btw I’m only a little fish in a big pond - not a shark :(

• Like 1

I suppose not having the time to read through posts can be frustrating , i am the opposite i am 2nd year into retirement after working for most of my life ,apart from afew  in between job moments,  infact ive got too much time on my hand ,

Sitting in my little bamboo hut in the Philippines as we speak , there was a massive loud wallop on the roof a minute ago , as a coconut fell from a tree and landed on the roof, when you look at the blue sky and coconut trees you could think you were in a bounty bar advert without getting paid for it  !

But if people are really interested in reading  all the posts they should start at the beginning and just catch  up, someone's  gone and commented that if they see someone posted two many times they don't bother to read at all, well that's a great shame as there are some gems to read in here .

I didn't suggest that you were a Shark Margie, sorry if you got that impression  !

16 hours ago, David sheridan said:

Sitting in my little bamboo hut in the Philippines as we speak , there was a massive loud wallop on the roof a minute ago , as a coconut fell from a tree and landed on the roof, when you look at the blue sky and coconut trees you could think you were in a bounty bar advert ....

Sounds as if youre in Bulwell David...........

• Like 1

@benjamin1945 Bulwell, Boracay , wonder if the sun tan is the same , it's 32 celcius here , i am like a bronze adonis in my mind but in reality i am as red as a lobster with a beer belly !!!!

2 hours ago, David sheridan said:

You've just got to ya shovel out and dig for the good stuff then !

I read a joke about a very optimistic stable lad who was found digging like crazy in a pile of horse poop.  When asked why he replied,  "There's got to be a hoss in here somewhere!"

• Like 1