• 2 years later...
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd find it more helpful if people could just post ONE photo each time (or just ONE music video) then wait for people to respond ( or just wait a few hours) before posting another one.  I feel the sit

Can.t please all the people all the time it is said !

HOST YOUR IMAGES FREE AT WWW.PHOTOBUCKET.COM

Against each image you will see links formatted in different ways.

Use the 'IMG' link option in Photobucket, and paste direct into your post.

or

LINK THEM IN YOUR POSTS HERE USING THE 'IMAGE' BUTTON in the post menu bar.

(Using the DIRECT ling address in Photobucket)

You can then post more than one image, (anywhere) in your post.

It also saves our webspace/bandwidth. :)

• 5 years later...

My photos will appear as a line of letters and numbers at the top of the box and I'll add the comments near the bottom of the box. When I 'Add Reply' or 'Post' the photo will appear and the comments will be by the side or half at side and half at the bottom (as in 'Meadow Lane' topic). I found that my photos started appearing when I clicked on the 'Enable HTML' box.

• 8 months later...

If your options are grey'd out on your text formatting bar.

options_zpsf34d6cd4.jpg

your post is set to plain text.

Hit the small available icon next to your avatar to switch on all post options.

options1_zps6443bf8c.jpg

I can't post pictures all of a sudden either, I get told

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

If I click on my Avatar I can see I've got "greyed out" text in the left coloumn, next to my Avatar is a button that says 'change' on it. i click on that and it just wants me to change the picture !, nothing else happens .

HELP please.

Cheers Mick , it's not as if I haven't posted pictures before now is it ?................................. slywink

And I've discovered a problem which I didn't have yesterday (I'll see a doctor)

If i reply to a post by using the Quote button, I don't see the HTML code around the quote I'm referring to. Makes it difficult to edit a quote, for instance.

If i reply to a post by using the Quote button, I don't see the HTML code around the quote I'm referring to. Makes it difficult to edit a quote, for instance.

Looks like latest version does not show markup code

I had no problem in editing your quote text?

True. It's just that I can still the empty space where the code should be, and it looks like something is wrong and missing - although it obviously isn't.

Presumably someone designed it like that because they thought it was an improvement!

• 2 months later...

When my missus's company went into liquidation, she acquired her firms computer. While it's a nice piece of kit with two screens, we have problems downloading anything or installing new hardware, it always says 'refer to administrator' which we are unable to do any more.

I managed to wrestle with Photobucket and post on here some old photo's that I transferred on there via my previous laptop, sadly now dead. I find that I'm now unable to transfer new pictures on to Photobucket, 'administrator' won't let me.

I tried uploading directly on to the reply page, but, of course the pictures exceed 50k and I can't do it. It's strange, I can send stuff via e-mail, and , not that I bother with it very often, on to Facebook, but not upload on to here, has anyone got any suggestions, apart from taking the computer to the local tip and getting another one!!

• Upvote 1

As it's an ex-work computer, you'll need to become an administrator. Does your wife have any contact with any work colleagues who were administrators? If she can get their log-in information she could then become an admin and she would have the powers and privileges to use things like Photobucket.

• Cliff Ton changed the title to How to Post Images