• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd find it more helpful if people could just post ONE photo each time (or just ONE music video) then wait for people to respond ( or just wait a few hours) before posting another one.  I feel the sit

Can.t please all the people all the time it is said !

• 3 years later...

I only  want to post a photo of an itom ,but I dont get the computerspeak on how to get it from my photos to here!

It pains me to state this but there's not much point in posting pictures here because after only a few weeks it seems they are taken down either by blackmailing photo host organisations demanding money to continue their "free" service or they just seem to vanish without explanation.

I really appreciate the photo's of old Nottingham and its environs and I am saddened that such a potentially rich historical archive can be treated like this by such moneygrubbers - especially when their FREE services are withdrawn without notice and demands for payment made.

I noticed the other day that a picture which IAN123 posted quite recently wanting me to identify (it of was Hucknall Central Station) now seems to have slipped into oblivion being replaced by an alphanumeric jumble and .jpg

I don't know what service he used/uses but it ain't good.

• Like 1

On the other hand, I got a like on a pic I posted about 18 months ago. When I clicked on it to take a look, it was one I posted through Photobucket. They all disappeared when PB had a mardy. Don't know why this one survived. 

Jonab, if you are on Facebook, there are several other Nottingham-related sites and others to do with things like trains etc so many of the photos can be seen on there.     Also if you look at 'images' on a general search, there are lots more.   I've noticed that photos just keep 'doing the rounds' ...  

Also, Facebook doesn't require people to use an intermediary like photo bucket - just copy and paste seems to be OK, so photos don't disappear like they did with photobucket when people refused to pay!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, jonab said:

replaced by an alphanumeric jumble and .jpg

We lost a lot of pictures to Photobuckets little tantrum, but from February this year I noticed that some of my pictures on the ''Nottingham Falcons' thread had gone and been replaced with the same jumble as Jonab had. They were posted through 'Post image'. Shame intit.

I'd find it more helpful if people could just post ONE photo each time (or just ONE music video) then wait for people to respond ( or just wait a few hours) before posting another one.  I feel the site is being overwhelmed with photos, and when I've not been online for a day, there's just TOO MUCH to catch up on!!  I wish things could go back to a more LEISURELY pace, as some of us don't sit at our computers all day...  I used to really enjoy Nottstalgia but sometimes I just can't be bothered to scroll through everything I've missed.....

• Like 7
  • Upvote 3

I'm not on Faceache and nothing would ever persuade me to join so I will have to remain pictureless. I am of an age where there is just too much going on for me to comprehend.

Regarding the number of posts on here, those of which are of no interest such as the merits, or otherwise, of various types of car or NCT bus and such, I just ignore. I would never dream, though, of castigating anyone contributes to those threads, or any others, as some seem to want to do

• Like 2

The old system/set-up was by far the best, with subjects and topics condensed, not pages and pages of individual comments, the word games are the worst offenders and I too am getting fed up with having to scroll through dozens of posts just to find something I want to read, however I do like to look at the old photos (many are of interest to me, but not all). It would be easier to view the historical photos if they were posted under subject headings, of which there are hundreds already.  This is not a criticism of Ian’s efforts though, just my opinion. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I like looking at the old photos, too, even though many of them are of places I haven't much knowledge of.   It's just the sheer volume of photos that overwhelms me.....   I just haven't got the time to study them properly before more arrive...   as I said previously,  if I miss a day, I find it hard to catch up.  I suppose that may be because my old brain doesn't work as fast these days.  Lol.   I do try and read all the topics (apart from the word games) as I don't want to miss anything, and if someone has taken the trouble to post something which Is important to them,  then I want to give them respect by reading it and maybe responding.

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...

When I try to insert a photo on my post  I click on  "chose files".  Photo's on my desktop  show up but when I  click one the image box shows "upload failed"  with a popup  telling me I can only upload 0MB,

Any answers please.

• Cliff Ton changed the title to How to Post Images