Leaving the LACE MARKET 1913

When you take your photo stand opposite wild clothing on Broad street looking across Carton street towards the Old Angel

If it's daytime nip in wild clothing on the floor just inside the door there's a pile of free "style magazines" if there's one called VICE pick it take it home & read the feature they have just done on Nottingham !!!!!!

• 7 months later...
  • 5 years later...

Ta...I've had a look and it's somewhat different to my pic....but my pic 'could' be the fronts of the houses on the right of that pic.

will have to find a street map showing the area around that time.

Yes that's the pic we have..but its NOT Woolleys Yard...the road in the pic is Sussex Street and Woolleys Yard is through the gate that the sign is above....did lots of finding it yesterday and working out the whole area.

• Upvote 1

Yes that's the pic we have..but its NOT Woolleys Yard...the road in the pic is Sussex Street and Woolleys Yard is through the gate that the sign is above....did lots of finding it yesterday and working out the whole area.

Bearing that in mind, can we work out the photo from this close-up map?

wool.jpg

I would say the main entrance to Woolleys Yard on the photo is with the lamp above it..( on your map the box with the X on it ) that looks to be an 'open' entrance and there are several ( all signed ) gated entrances through the houses ( our house has the same kinda gated entrance here )......going from Canal st...4 smaller houses then the larger ones.

On the Picture the Past pic of Woolleys Yard from Canal St...that is taken from the letter 'T' on the bottom of your map ( steps down into it and 4 houses on the right before they get bigger. )

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure I can square the photo with the map.

In the photo we are looking at houses on the right-hand side of a road. If it is Sussex Street, that means the photo must be looking towards Canal Street, where the factory building is in the distance.

Was there another Woolley's Yard somewhere else? Or maybe some demolition between the map and the photo?