Sad Day for Smokers

That`s certainly very true, Edwin. Here in Australia we had a very young man who worked in a bar,diagnosed with cancer due to passive smoking from his job.Surely being able to actually taste the beer through not having your sense of taste and smell ruined must be good?

So that explains the oaky smokey taste of Harvest Pale and I thought it was the type of hops they used. !rotfl!

The moot hall on Carlton road is stopping you smoking from January the first.

That won't bother me, but my mate is going to have to go outside if he wants to keep up his dirty habit....maybe they may start selling smokey bacon crisps once again...whatever that has to do with smoking I haven't the faintest idea,but it sounded right when I thought it... :Fool:

• 4 weeks later...

Frank, can i just thank you for your complete and utter lack of sympathy, empathy or understanding at a time when a man has lost his life, a family has lost it's husband/father/grandfather and some people have lost a good friend.

I myself don't feel a personal loss because i did not get to meet the man who i believe saved my life by helping me quit smoking. He also provided me with the opportunity to spend the rest of my working life helping others who wish to stop, do so.

There are many MILLIONS of people across the globe who are similar to myself. So on behalf of them, again thanks for your lack of tact.

Frank, you are more than welcome, honest, i just really hope that you never lose a family member to lung cancer., or that nobody close to you has to lose a limb through arteriosclerosis through that lovely pastime of smoking.

I also hope that if they or yourself do, then there will not be some toss pott on a message board making light of the fact. I mean, to be honest, that would be just so cruel.

Happy new year.

It's sad to lose anyone, irrespective of whether they died from smoking, drink,or a million and one other illnesses.

At least this chap did a lot of good in helping thousands of other people, who could not quit on their own. They do say, ' a Poacher makes the best Gamekeeper'.

In other words, instead of preaching platitudes to smokers, he had more of an insight into the difficulties of giving up.

Just like ex drug users, they know better than anyone, what the problems are, and what to expect when they try to kick the habit. More importantly, how to keep off drugs etc.