Morning Phil. I believe some time ago I mentioned Chambers pork pies are allegedly very good. I picked one up recently from Chambers in Arnold. It was the smallest size they do and was nice but not outstanding. I didn’t know but I have had them several times previously as I discovered they supply the Final Whistle pub in Southwell where I’ve been know to have one or two.

I don’t think you can buy them nationally. Mine came from Gonalston farm shop. They serve them in the Blue Monkey on Front St. in Arnold. I think the Cotswold Pudding and Pie Company would be your nearest outlet!

I’ve been meaning to try a Chamber’s pie but I don’t often pass that way. As you know the farm shop is close by. I don’t know whose pork pies they sell at Hockerton farm shop, maybe their own as they do make all their other pies as also does Stoppards in Southwell. Their steak and kidney is very good.

Way to Nuncargate go up Annsley road past Bager Box then 2nd left down Soulder Mutton Hill then turn first left. 

You Have Arrived at Nuncargate.

Who needs a satnave?

24 quid seems a bit steep for me Stuart. Think I'll ask Mary1947 to pop down to Nuncargate on her scooter and purchase one for me.:rolleyes:    B.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Beekay said:

24 quid seems a bit steep for me Stuart. Think I'll ask Mary1947 to pop down to Nuncargate on her scooter and purchase one for me.:rolleyes:    B.

Hi yes my scooter will go 24 miles till li needs a charge, but still being a Learner going that far might be a problem,  1st time went into the village missing the concreat post and dodged one or two kids who were going to school.Getting to the localCO-OP bumped into the large black rubbish bin, no damage to my scooter, did my shop came out and the alam went off (on my scooter) how to switch off alam had to ask a nice chap who was passing by. Later went to our local butcher Paul Shipley's  parked inbetween his shop window and concreat light post. Got on my scooter again and was stuck between the post and shop window, Pauls son came out and helped me reverse. Right back to normal? what is normal this Red Beauty of mine has 3 gears 1st is for going on pavements 4 miles an hour, while in this gear you can cruise along, but be careful children coming from school mums (even wose ) comming to pick up their kids , next we have narrow pavements in some parts so dustbins left out also a real pain. SO going shopping in the village my route for any one comming to live at the orchards, out of bungalow find lower path that goes on to road when you get to the road put scooter into 2nd gear (boy can she shift in this gear) getting to t junction STOP LOOK LISTEN  this is the only way out. Next Sedgwick st, more holes that all notts pits, after 12 years of filling in holes it's going to be resufaced,    TBC Later

• Like 1
2 hours ago, philmayfield said:

Even for me a 40 mile round trip to buy a £4.50 pie doesn't add up. If I'm ever passing through Kirkby I might call in.

I’m in Giltbrook at least once, often twice a week. If you want one picking up let me know and I’ll drop it off to you.

@mary1947 perhaps you shouldn’t go out at the same time as school drop off and pick up?  It sounds a fun ride anyway x

Margie, as long as she picks me pie up, Mary can go whenever she likes.

Wonder how many times she'll have to stop to recharge, if doing a delivery?

8 hours ago, letsavagoo said:

I’m in Giltbrook at least once, often twice a week. If you want one picking up let me know and I’ll drop it off to you.

I was told to loose a few pounds at my medical on Friday so I'm laying off the carbs for a bit. Thanks anyway! 

You should have seen the two grossly obese members of staff in the reception. Not a good advertisement for the NHS!

It seems to be the done thing for very obese NHS staff to advise patients to lose weight or, in my case, that my cholesterol was too high. It was said to me in such a way that my mouth had replied, "I dread to think what yours is!" before I could stop it.

• Like 3

Pork Pies have got nothing on me 

2nd scooter saga      went to butchers (Paul Shipley) again and parked out side his garage door's after getting my meat wanted to go the other way, so!! tried to do a 3point turn but instead of being in drive was in reverse and yes you have gussed. Went flying backwards into his garage doors, these flung open, scooter ok me ok but you should have seen the crowd,  we live in only a small village so every body seems to know what was going off. 

Margie H yes i have learnt not to take my scooter out when the kids  are coming out of school

Just one more thing  Hand Signals  I thought these were a thing of the past, but  Sedgewick St is not very wide and seeing as its the only way in and out of where I live I have no choice. Cars park on both sides so only one lane left in the middle to go up and down, (pavements are narrow and very bumpy for scooters) If a car is comming down I look for a space to pull into, same as when one is behind you, I use hand signals to let the driver know what I am doing.  so all in all things arn't so bad after all.

• Like 3

You watch. There'll be an extra paragraph in the Highway code, warning you to avoid Jacksdale during shopping and school hours.  :rulez:  B.

• Like 1