Negotiating Nuthall Island

Don't know if there are any regular cyclists on here but has anyone got a definitive method to negotiate Nuthall roundabout on a bike? I would need to get from Nottingham Road, going away from The Three Ponds, towards Nottingham, to the old Nottingham Road that comes out (now) near the bottom ov Bells Lane. I don't think there's any provision for cyclists whatsoever but I am hoping to stand corrected.

This is what I'm getting at (I think). I don't think there are any pedestrian crossings. If there are I've never noticed them and surely they would only lead onto grass verges. I have driven around that island a million times and never noticed :(

Please don’t be tempted to be a Deliveroo person Malcolm!  Actually HippoGirl and I witnessed a young Deliveroo lad knocked off his bike on Parliament Street a few weeks ago.  He (and his big blue bag) was unscathed but his bike was mangled underneath a car.  

One of my friends was knocked off her bike and quite seriously injured by a deliveroo person. Unfortunately to make their money they are on a tight schedule.

When ilved on Temple Dr. In 1970 there was subway underneath which i used to cycle from Nuthall to Watnall to work i can not imagine the traffic now back  then there was no traffic lights.

Thanks. I shall have to go and have a look. I believe the subway was filled in years ago due to concern about peoples safety. I might be wrong tho'

There is a continuous route of light controlled crossings to get from the 3 Ponds side across to the opposite side of the island onto the old Nottngham Road.

The subway appears to still be there, across the middle of the island from the right side of the 3 Ponds side.

TdKYwMf.png

The subway doesn't exist now. There are pedestrian/cycle pathways, contolled by lights,  but few cyclists use them and prefer the kamikaze method of crossing the carriageways.

Edit:

Apologies the subway is still there:

https://www.google.com/maps/@52.9897902,-1.223462,3a,75y,77.24h,96.69t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1s3E1Z7uPSC5WAgjiFrQd4qA!2e0!6shttps:%2F%2Fstreetviewpixels-pa.googleapis.com%2Fv1%2Fthumbnail%3Fpanoid%3D3E1Z7uPSC5WAgjiFrQd4qA%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D151.88972%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i16384!8i8192