• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This image shows the structure under Upper Parliament Street which can still be seen in the Victoria Centre underground car park.

Spent Christmas Eve afternoon in The Dog, rammed, jammed solid, the last bastion of the working class, good time had by all, lots of hugging & squeezing    

Well I'm not going to fight over it, but if the picture at #23 was any earlier 1960 it should be possible to see the attached somewhere in the middle of that hoarding - probably where the bit that sta

I know this has been mentioned already but the book 'Memories of Nottingham' implies that the shops were completed around 1962.

The same book contains a picture of Parliament St. with construction of Vic Centre well under way and the shops totally gone, the date is 1970.

So, incredible as it seems, that parade of shops only lasted about seven years!

It seems like there was a time when the world was full of Dogs and Partridges.

dog.jpg

This is the "Original", on the other side of the road. Roughly where Boots now is.

This photograph is certainly pre 1966 as there are trolley bus wires in situation

I think it is about 1960/61 when the shops on Parliament Street bridge were first built.

The southern entrance to Victoria closed in 1959 or was it 1960.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...