Saturday Night And Sunday Morning

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello. My dad and myself were extras in the film Sat night, sunday morning. I was the little girl playing hopscotch with 2 lads outside the terrace houses. lol my claim to "fame"

So true to life was Sat night/Sunday morning.........what rings true with you blokes from the film in the 60s ?  there were so many things that rang a bell for me,,, 1/ Took a Rachel Roberts look

Great days and so true to life back then......think we all had a neighbour like the one Arthur shot in the Bum........ We certainly did on Bestwood....her name was 'Fat Louie'.......and she was a

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I know I'm going back a bit - I am a new member and I am reading old posts.......My claim to fame was my Aunty Grace being the first sheriff of Nottingham in 1976 and my Great Aunt Ada was the girlfriend of D.H.Lawrence ( the man who wrote them mucky books)............My hubbies grandad played footie for Notts County in the 1890's....the only time they ever got to Wembley, I believe he scored the goal, his surname was Mabbott.........

Er - I'm afraid there's no record of a player called Mabbott in the Notts team for either of their two FA Cup Final appearances, in 1891 (lost) and 1894 (won), the first of which took place at Kennington Oval and the second at Goodison Park - Wembley wasn't built until the 1920s.

I can't provide the links as the paste function on here has stopped working for me, but that's according to the Wikipedia entries.

Merthy Imp..........I know he played for them, I can remember my hubbie (Malc) and my mother in law, (Winifred Mabbott, his daughter) telling me - There was supposed to be an article written about him in the Football Post in the early 1960's - At that time, he was the oldest living professional footballer still alive..........I have never been able to get any information about him though, not from anywhere, I tried the Notts County FC a while ago and they said their records didn't go back that far, but he did play for them..............His son, Lez Mabbott was the Cricket Coach at the Nottingham Boy's High School in the 1930/40/50's I believe................

Yes, I've done an internet search and found details of a John Mabbott having played for Notts before joining Leicester City. Can't do links, as I've said before, but details given on a site relating to Leicester City are:

Born 1872 in Nottingham.

Position; Inside Right

Also played for Kettering

Another site gives him as being in the Notts team that played Liverpool on 30 Sept 1893.

I searched for 'Notts County Mabbott'. Only looked at the first 3 pages of search results, so there may be other references.

• Upvote 2

Merthy imp - Thanks for the search, first time anyone has been able to give me information about him, he was always being talked about in the family, saw old brown piccies of him in football gear.............My mother in law was his daughter, Wyn, she was born in May 1908, her brother Lez the cricket coach was born in August 1899........They originated from the Nottingham Meadows area, moved to Vernon Avenue, Basford and then on the Armston Rise on the Heathfield Estate, Nottm...............I did see the Football Post with the article written about him years ago but sadly it disappeared, nobody would have thought of saving it............thanks again..... unionflag

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

Hi ilived on wimbourne rd, couple of lads got 10 bob each for just riding bikes up and down norton street when they filmed it!, missed out on that one!

I remember going to watch sat night sunday morniing at the Windser on hartley road, they wouldn't let me in , sent me home to get my long trousers on,

went back and got in ,told mum and dad i'd seen it, and they were horrified and sent me to bed with no tea!!

• Upvote 2
  • 2 years later...

Watched it a couple of weeks ago. You were brilliant !

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Carisma said:

Hello. My dad and myself were extras in the film Sat night, sunday morning. I was the little girl playing hopscotch with 2 lads outside the terrace houses. lol my claim to "fame"

Welcome Carisma. Take a look at this other thread on the subject of SNSM. The photos in it had been deleted, but I've now replaced them all, and you might be able to see yourself in one of them.

https://nottstalgia.com/forums/topic/14419-scenes-from-saturday-night-sunday-morning/ 

Hi Cliff Ton, thanks for your message about SNSM. I only saw the terrace houses, didn't see myself or the boys playing hopscotch. Would have been nice to have seen a clip.

On 03/01/2018 at 9:08 PM, Carisma said:

I only saw the terrace houses, didn't see myself or the boys playing hopscotch. Would have been nice to have seen a clip.

Which road were you on ?  I might be able to find something.