Saturday Night And Sunday Morning

Cheers Rob

Can we ID any other scenes in that Clip

The outside privvies could be the Meadows, Reminded me of Bunbury Street/Orange Street?

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello. My dad and myself were extras in the film Sat night, sunday morning. I was the little girl playing hopscotch with 2 lads outside the terrace houses. lol my claim to "fame"

So true to life was Sat night/Sunday morning.........what rings true with you blokes from the film in the 60s ?  there were so many things that rang a bell for me,,, 1/ Took a Rachel Roberts look

Great days and so true to life back then......think we all had a neighbour like the one Arthur shot in the Bum........ We certainly did on Bestwood....her name was 'Fat Louie'.......and she was a

Posted Images

Anyone remember another Notts film called "Ragmans Daughter"?

I saw it on Tv once back in the 1980's Most of it was filmed in Bulwell. A lot of it round the St Mary's Church/ Train station area.

Can't remember much about it, think it was filmed in the mid 70's.

My Mum told me she witnessed some of it being filmed.

I saw it on Tv once back in the 1980's Most of it was filmed in Bulwell. A lot of it round the St Mary's Church/ Train station area.

Originally released in 1972 - so it was probably shot around 1970ish. It was the screen debut for Victoria Tennant, but does not get very good reviews. I vaguely remember seeing it years ago, perhaps time to put it on my Netflix list!

Originally released in 1972 - so it was probably shot around 1970ish. It was the screen debut for Victoria Tennant, but does not get very good reviews. I vaguely remember seeing it years ago, perhaps time to put it on my Netflix list!

Yeh I recall it was a bit of dull movie. But it was good fun spotting the locations. I just remembered that bits were shot out side the Capitol Cinema in bobbers mill.

I can't remember a train station in Bulwell? Train lines - Yes - but a station?

Maybe I need another pint - or 2, to refresh my memory :biggrin:

Get some more ale down you Frank...there were/are four!

The LMR Bulwell Market station is still in use today for trains on the Robin Hood Line and the NET service..

There was also the GCR station at Bulwell Common - off St Alban's Road - which closed in the 60's.

In days of yore, the GCR also had a short lived station called Bulwell Hall Halt (just north of Bulwell Lido) and the GNR had a station at Bulwell Forest, near to Wrigley's Wagon Works.

Cheers

Robt P.

Yeh I recall it was a bit of dull movie. But it was good fun spotting the locations. I just remembered that bits were shot out side the Capitol Cinema in bobbers mill.

I think ,Dick,this film has been discussed elsewhere on this site.Simon Rous who plays the Chief Inspector on the `Bill` was the other lead. I think you can buy a copy from C.D. Universe in America. There is even very useful info on how to alter your CD player on this site for `foreign films`.Cheers ,Stan

• 1 month later...
Get some more ale down you Frank...there were/are four!

The LMR Bulwell Market station is still in use today for trains on the Robin Hood Line and the NET service..

There was also the GCR station at Bulwell Common - off St Alban's Road - which closed in the 60's.

In days of yore, the GCR also had a short lived station called Bulwell Hall Halt (just north of Bulwell Lido) and the GNR had a station at Bulwell Forest, near to Wrigley's Wagon Works.

Cheers

Robt P.

I've taken your excellent advice Rob, ( :biggrin: ) but I think the railway stations you refer to are slightly outside of my memory parameters.

Although I was born, at a very early age, in Bulwell, I was 'matured' in Broxtowe.

Most of my childhood trips to Bulwell were for trips to the Lido. The 55 used to pick us up at the bottom of Bradfield Road (a few doors down from our house) and drop us at the top of Camberley Road (the Terminus) - well before the link road to the motorway was 'cut'

• 1 month later...

I have a bit of brick from the old Raleigh factory....Is it worth owt?????

I also have a bit of wood from the old County Road Stand at Meadow Lane, sad or what ??

Hi I lived in Lombard Street that led onto Willoughby Street near the Savoy cinema. I remember my brother Philip going to the chip shop for Norman Rossington! He gave him a couple of pennies for his trouble! This has been my claim to fame for years!

• 2 weeks later...

The original trailer for film can be see here on you-tube

Also if your lucky enough to pick up this months copy of the free paper leftlion ( i got mine last night in the Dragon Chapel Bar , there's always a pile just inside the door of selectadisc ) over 6 pages are dedicated to Saturday Night And Sunday Morning including a 3 page interview with Alan Sillitoe.

There was also a picture of a Variety club membership card on the front page !!! we seem to get more exposure since it closed down than when it was open , strange that !!

There was also a picture of a Variety club membership card on the front page !!! we seem to get more exposure since it closed down than when it was open , strange that !!

It's typical nostalgia "You don't know what you've got till it's gone"

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Still on about the film ‘Saturday night etc?

Well, two things.

One. I was at the Goosefair when the second unit film crew were filming footage of the dodgems’.

And two. The bit with Albert Finney at work on a lathe in the Raliegh factory. Well the old bloke working away on another lathe that you can see over his left shoulder is the dad of a kid I went to school with.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has Bramcote been mentioned as one of the locations ?

(I haven't ploughed through all of the posts to check).

The book mentions them walking down Bramcote Lane at one point and if I'm not mistaken the chase scenes were on Bramcote Hills.

We lived at Cranston Road and the hills were at the back of our house.

http://www.pictureth...n=zoom&id=63597

Is this correct?

Has Bramcote been mentioned as one of the locations ?

..... and if I'm not mistaken the chase scenes were on Bramcote Hills

Is this correct?

What is the chase scene you are referring to barclaycon? I'll slo-mo my way through the DVD to have a look.

I haven't ever seen Bramcote mentioned before as a location in the film......and I haven't read the book, so maybe what is described in the book as Bramcote is somewhere else in the film