Saturday Night And Sunday Morning

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello. My dad and myself were extras in the film Sat night, sunday morning. I was the little girl playing hopscotch with 2 lads outside the terrace houses. lol my claim to "fame"

So true to life was Sat night/Sunday morning.........what rings true with you blokes from the film in the 60s ?  there were so many things that rang a bell for me,,, 1/ Took a Rachel Roberts look

Great days and so true to life back then......think we all had a neighbour like the one Arthur shot in the Bum........ We certainly did on Bestwood....her name was 'Fat Louie'.......and she was a

Posted Images

I can't even recall his last name, it's been so long now, he wanted to move to Florida to start an A/C business, which he had in the UK, but immigration told him he'd need $5 million in the bank before they'd even look at his papers.

• 9 months later...

So true to life was Sat night/Sunday morning.........what rings true with you blokes from the film in the 60s ?  there were so many things that rang a bell for me,,,

1/ Took a Rachel Roberts look a like up the Castle  (excuse the Pun)

2/ Went fishing with a mate in Wollaton canal,,

3/ Fell down stairs (drunk) in a Pub in Radford...(same Pub i think )

4/ Got beat up by two blokes (sometimes it only took one,,,well mostly actually)

5/ Got in bother over an Air Gun,,,with fat woman neighbour,,,

6/ Had to Scarper,,,before a chap came home on his Combination...

And so much more,,,don't let em grind you down mi-ducks.......great days.........

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...
On 11/23/2004 at 2:45 PM, Ayupmeducks said:

Parts were filmed at the Castle, Old Radford and of course Raliegh Industries when my cousin worked there.

Love to see the movie again, been years since I saw it.

Didn't they have scenes at the Goose Fair on the Forest too??

John

The film is regularly on Talking Pictures on Virgin TV - saw it myself a few weeks ago...………...still a great film to watch.

On 1/29/2019 at 5:20 PM, LizzieM said:

We bought the beautiful hardback book about the film when we went to the exhibition at Lakeside a few years ago, a BluRay disc was included.  

The film is on Talking Pictures (Virgin) quite often, I watched and recorded it along with a few other 60's oldies which I love - no need to buy it just look for it and record it......

I saw Cathy come home on tv when it first came out.  Mid 60s.  It scared me at the time as we'd just bought our first house with a big (to us) mortgage.  It shook me how quickly they went from relative comfort to a real mess.  Made me appreciate my job more.  I think it shook a lot of folks at the time.

• 2 years later...

11944691_f520.jpg

I'm Up the Duff Arthur

How'd ya know its mine?

Cos i bleddy know...ya cheeky bogger

I'll tek ya to see me Aunt Ada she'll know what to do duck...

Where's she live?

Down Willoughby street...next door to Marsdens

Whats Marsdens got to do we owt? for Christ sake......

Well nowt really..just saying.......

• Upvote 1

Great days and so true to life back then......think we all had a neighbour like the one Arthur shot in the Bum........

We certainly did on Bestwood....her name was 'Fat Louie'.......and she was always on her Gate moaning at us.......i really was accused of shooting her in the Backside.....it was actually my mate Alan.......mind you it was my gun.......lol

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ben you had only a neighbour like that near you, you lucky man where I lived we were over run with them. It was a normal thing for me to go home and one of that type had reported me to my mother, If I only walked past one of them and looked at them I was a problem.