Trent Bridge School demolition

My Aunt who lives quite near to my old school-TB-infoms me it is shortly due to be demolished to make way for affordable houses !

I'm sure many of the people on this site went there.

I left in 1964 and have very many happy memories.

Kind regards,

Tony

• 4 weeks later...

I've just had a telephone call from Arthur Clarke ( i'm sure many will remember him ) to say our old school TB has finally gone.

The 'New Block ' is still standing.

I left in July 1964 and have very many happy memories of my 5 years there

and can recall all the teachers well.

All for now,

Kind regards,

Tony ( Paine )

• 1 month later...

I managed to secure a brick from the demolition as a momento for my mother who was there in the early 50's. Only wish I could have got the one that my dad carved his initials on when he was there as well

Me too Zachariah. My partner who went to TBS along with me in the 60's & early 70's carved his name on a brick at the twitchell side of the school,wish I had that as a keep sake :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

My old church (Main Street Methodist on Carlton hill) is now partially Russian orthodox . Wesley will be turning in his grave

• 8 months later...

Visited some of my old schools in the Meadows yesteday ,and here is a round up of news

Collygate infants school - main old building still standing now a muslim centre

XXXXXXX infants school - demolished, This was round the corner from Collygate in Mundella Road and we were transfered here when Collygate closed in 1959. Anyone recall its name?

Trent Bridge Junior School - demolished ( became Trent Bridge Primary School)

Trent Bridge Seniors - back part demolished but an old building at the front remains and is now an independent Christian School!

Trent Bridge Senior - new block - still standing

Trent Printers opposite the new block was in the process of being demolished too. I wil upload some pics to Photobucket soon

Oh yes Suspension Bridge still closed - dont hold your breath on this one either if its metal fatique in the cable strands which is what I preume is the reason....

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Walked down Green Street last week. Quite large housing complex -well advanced beeing built where the old TB infant school and TB girls stood. TB boys school as such still standing and mostly unchanged form when I left in 1964.

Happy memories

Tony

Last time I went down it appeared to have been used as a storage area?

The railings were still there where I was given 'The Rack' treatment.

Walked down Green Street last week. Quite large housing complex -well advanced beeing built where the old TB infant school and TB girls stood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEpUlg550zA

You mean this Tony?

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=oES6hha00_k

• 9 years later...

I actually went back there in the  late  1980s early 1990s took a bunch of colour photographs of the "Juniors" I have the images in black and white as well.

My older brother enticed me to TBJ from "Welbeck" telling me that they gave you fizzy lemonade drinks at dinner times, I should have known better :( I found  it hard to

settle in as the "new kid". I was there for just under three years. Class teachers ? I had Mr Griffin, Mr Williamson and Mrs McCarthy the latter positively hated me,

I never did find out why. The head was Derek Smith used to walk around in black football kit quite a lot like a referees kit I recall.One room near to the staff room had  a stuffed owl in and other dead things in glass cases, made it hard to concentrate :Shock: I've had to reduce the picture size and picture quality to attain the size of image allowed on here so I uploaded just one to see if its worth attempting to put more up for people. I never had any class photographs or ever went on a "paid for" school trip as such expenses would have eaten into my parents beer money, I am certain I wasn't the only child who was raised in such circumstances either.

img006.jpg

• Like 2