Fluoridation in Central Nottingham

... I was reading the moans and groans from the people of St. Ann`s and central Nottingham about the lack of NHS dentists. As you know `prevention is better than cure' so get of your backsides ,GO to you local MP and demand the repair of the Fluoridation system in Cental Nottingham. This is a note I sent to the Nottingham paper.

Whilst talking to your MP about wasted money, ask about the 8 BILLION wasted in the NHS on a useless computer system. Then ask,? WHY HAS THE FLUORIDATION SYSTEM IN CENTRAL NOTTINGHAM NOT BEEN REPAIRED SINCE 1991.

Fluoridated water overides the normal link between social deprivation and poor dental health. In the national league tables Nottingham is 74th. Generally speaking children from poorer backgrounds are the most prone to tooth decay.

This is due to 1. High sugar content of their food and drink.2.less willing to buy toothpaste with fluoride due to increased cost.3.lack of a good school dental service.

I myself never had need of a dentist until the age of 18 years and still have a full set of my own teeth.(also am a non smoker). I lived in St. Ann`s until age 11.,so I really know how important good parenting and fluoridation are. smile2

Sorry to disagree with you Stan, BUT there is no scientific evidence linking flouride to healthy teeth. There is plenty of scientific evidence linking damaged bone tissue to fluoride and many other health problems.

More and more dentists are speaking out on how harmful this industrial waste is to our bodies.

The root cause of cavities in teeth are twofold, threefold if you look at poor dental hygene. Refined sugar and refined white flour. Not only are we eating more and more of these "foods", but kids diest seem geared to them these days.. Sodas laced with them, something which we couldn't afford in the 50's, plus loads of foods containing an unhealthy amount of refined sugar.

Honey is a safe replacement for sugar and unbleached wholemeal flour a substitute for bleached white flour.

Before "they" found ways to dump the poison flouride in our drinking water, it was labled TOXIC WASTE and had to be disposed of accordingly!

There's no substitute for a healthy diet and dental hygene to look after our teeth!

Do a google on flouride Stan, you might just be shocked what it really is and how dangerous it also is! There are many reputable sites discussing the dangers of flouride in drinking water.

• Upvote 1

Read Dr Miller's article on fluoride and why no one dares speak out about it! It could shock you!

FLUORIDE

Here's another investigative site..

Fluoride

There's also a professional site of government scientists that has been speaking out against fluoride for years and the harmful effects it has on our bodies, I thought I had it bookmarked. When I find it I'll post the URL. THEY should be listened to, as they represent the worlds most experienced industrial brains on chemistry.

Even the US's own EPA has voiced serious concern about fluoride in drinking water!!

EPA Warning

Here's the US governments own assesments of risks and benefits.

Sorry, if the risk is cancer, then I'd sooner lose all my teeth!!

USA Report on fluoride.

Well here's my two ha'pence.

The rate of dental caries amongst children is lower now than at anytime since the authorities started collecting records. This improvement is mirrored in the general population.

The reason for this improvement is down to: 1) more frequent visits to the dentist and 2) (and much, much more significant) the introduction of fluoride into all brands of toothpaste on sale in the UK.

There is no need to dose the water supply if everyone brushes their teeth twice a day with a toothpaste containing fluoride.

...Fluoridation of water is a relatively newconcept ,compared to say Chlorination ,which has saved countless millions of lives. O.K. so Fluoridation will not save lives,but it does save millions of teeth and enormous amounts of pain.

Ideally Fluoride toothpaste,gels.(for over 3 year olds) and rinses are the way to go. We are talking about the socially deprived end of society, what chance do you think ?

ALL of the major cities in the U.S. fluoridate their water(see the lists)

There are 954,000(yes954,000) papers on the pros and cons of Fluoridation,and it would be difficult to cite them all.

The evidence is overwhelming concerning protection of teeth from decay, the doubt is about long term effects,but here in Australia the Medical Research Council has excellent guide lines(see the web page).Water is fluoridated.

Suffice to say that Dental services will never be adequate in the UK and prevention still remains the way to go.

See also the league tables for Fluoridation in the UK. The richest most affluent areas add fluorideand have the least tooth decay.

Seems if "you have enough paid up members of the club" you can invent as much "credible evidence" as you want, and sell it to the gullible people Stan.

Check to see what the fluoride industry pay the dental associations every year in grants, is it no wonder it's a sacred cow??

I gave some very credible links on my posts, there is also the Canadian Dental Association who also have serious concerns about the use of Fluoride, a toxic by product of the atomic and aluminum industries, who used to have to get government permission to dispose of of this very dangerous product.

I'd have thought the US EPA's concerns would have sent an alarm bell ringing in your head too!

I haven't located the site of professional government employees as of yet, but as soon as I do, I'll post their URL.

I`m afraid we are going to have to `agree to disagree' on this one Ayup. 42 0f the major American cities add Fluoride to their water.All of Australia(except Queensland(and they are really odd up there!),40%of Canada all Ireland etc add fluoride. Germany, Switzerland,France and most European cities add Fluoride by way of salt.The risks are very interesting. The Royal College of Physicians together with the College of Staticians have produced the best paper on the subject comparing cancer rates of Fluoridated water cities with non fluoridated. The result showed a 1% increase in cancer deaths in the fluoridated cities, but a 4% rise in the non fluoridated cities in a 20 year study. Ask yourself one final question. If the dentists and Fluoride sellers are in cahoots,why? Why would the dentists want to reduce their business?...and neither of the two eminent Colleges have any axe to grind. smile2

Many dentists are totally against Fluoride now Stan, some that have dared speak out have been struck off.

Now why would they get struck off for voicing their opinions?? But to protect the cash cow!

To me, fluoride is a by product chemical agent of a manufacturing process, chemical agents are not healthy.

I'm lucky, in that my water comes from my own well, but if I lived in a city where I had the crap rammed down my throat, then I'd go the bottled water route.

The reason lots of north American Cities fluoridate their water is because the law requires them to Stan. It's not volutary, in fact several cities are fighting class action law suits to reverse the law!

Several local small cities around where I live absolutely refuse to fluoridate their water in contravention of the law.. Seems the governments don't want negative publicity, so have left them to go it alone.

The more I read about things like fluoride, the more I worry.

Fluoridation of the water supply is based on the premise that, to be effective, fluoride needs to be ingested so that the element is incorporated into the tooth enamel.

More recent research strongly suggests that fluoride's effect is topical and, therefore, there is no need to ingest it but merely apply it to the surface of the tooth.

The only caveat is that in order to avoid fluoridation (discolouring) of the dental enamel young children should be supervized to prevent too much toothpaste being placed on their brushes.

...aaahhh Ayup, I would be really interested in the water analysis from your well. It would be full of ions of various types. major ions of note.

1. Chloride as stated before ,millions died and still do in various parts of the world from water borne germs. Do you go swimming in public pools? I still remember the 50`s and polio epidemics(OK so vaccination is here now too)

2 .Iodide. All joking aside,to see a small child suffering as a cretin due to lack of this simple remedy in their diet is very disturbing. Other thyroid problems are prevented in adults by the addition of iodide to their diet.

3.Fluoride, here we differ Ayup. But I nearly fell out of bed when I heard just now a Swiss prof. talking on this subject, and even more to the point he quoted facts for the huge numbers of people IN THEIR 20`s with no teeth in Queensland(see my previous note).Queensland is the only state in Australia with no fluoride in the water.

4. Bromide(all joking apart) how would we control Den without the secret connection to his kitchen sink. smile2

Take his beer away from him Stan... ;)

My wells a six inch bore, it goes through 60 feet of clay, that section is lined with a steel pipe, then there is 490 feet going through the Ozark limestone beds.

I can use the nearest towns annual water analysis of their well water as a guide to what mine contains. They are obliged by law to have a full test of their water an to publish it annually Stan, right down to the last .008% of whatever.

I know mine is loaded with limestone!! Very hard indeed.

I know its nothing to do with Nottingham,but there is a very interesting paper youm should read.

Ozark Aquifer

Created by:

Scott M. Smith

Unreviewed Site

Interesting paper Stan, just read it on line, thanks for the info. I didn't realize how big the aquifier was. I know there is lead mining to the north west in the Joplin area causing surface water pollution, mainly a couple of rivers which have come to the attention of the EPA.

I go to a NHS dentist locally. How lucky is that?

You cant get on their books now. Cant get the missus with them.

Check up and scale and polish 15 quid!

Other dentists employ a hygenist and it costs you £100+

• 9 years later...

This youth that I work with he's been out Holland to have his teeth done he's had a full set they just tap them in with a hammer, made from red cedar they look really good the grain looks fantastic ................. So if you looking for new nashers get yourself over to Holland.

• 2 months later...

ZZZZZZZZZZ It's ok RR, I'm asleep now. LOL

Agree with John (Ayup) about electric toothbrush: since I've been using one my dentist (she's a Swedish blond, phwoar) has congratulated me on having almost zero plaque in my gob, & nearly always says how pleased she is that I never smoked. (Smug look) SWMBO thinks I fancy her, she could be right.. :)

• Upvote 1