Technical Drawing Fletcher

English Macferson/ Marsden/Adams

Geography Scott He went on to climb Everest /Gunby

RE Anderson/Lewis

Metalwork Davison

History Henry

Maths I cannot remember

• 1 year later...

HI I WENT TO COTTESMORE TOO I LEFT IN 72 WENT TO WORK AT RALLEIGH , JUST OVER THE ROAD .
I WAS IN MR SCOTTS CLASS , HE WAS MY FORM TEACHER , WE HAD LOTS OF FUN WITH MR SCOTT TELLING US OF ALL HIS EXPLOITS OF CLIMBING MOUNTAINS ,BETTER THAN A GEOGRAPHY LESSON, I DO RECALL MR HEATHCOTE TOO AS HEADMASTER, ALSO MR HINDLEY HE USED TO TAKE US FOR RUGBY ......BUT DIDNT LIKE HIM AT ALL, LIKED HIS WHISKEY IN THE CUPARD BEHIND HIS DESK .
I WAS IN 1B1 CLASS . DONT RECALL MUCH MORE ONLY FRIENDS THERE AND THE PARK OPPOSIT THE SCHOOL.
DO RECALL WENT TO SEE OLIVER / TO SIR WITH LOVE AT THE SAVOY WHILST AT SCHOOL .
DO REMEMBER THE QUADRANGLE IN THE MIDDLE OF SCHOOL AND THE BUISCUT BOX COMMING AROUND AT BREAK TINE ....... SWIMMING UMMM OVER AT LENTON WHERE YOU HAD TO GO UNDER GROUND ???? OR SOMTHING LIKE THAT

• Upvote 1
  • 1 year later...

i cant remember when i left cottesmore school but i do recall the woodwork teacher was a mr leitch,i think the girls head misstress was a miss mats,neil highfield/doug scott took P.E and mr anderson took geog,mr camden was art/pottery and i was a biscuit monitor (as they were known then) and i used to live in lenton near the white hart pub (now closed)

• 10 months later...

My husband Dave Piggott or piggy as he is usually known went to cotto in 1959 to 1963 would love to hear from old school mates anyone got any class phopots of these years would love to see them. I know Paul Farrell and Pat Clark were two of is old mates. PIGGY played rugby for the school team and had a trial with Nottingham rugby club. Any one remember him.

i cant remember when i left cottesmore school but i do recall the woodwork teacher was a mr leitch,i think the girls head misstress was a miss mats,neil highfield/doug scott took P.E and mr anderson took geog,mr camden was art/pottery and i was a biscuit monitor (as they were known then) and i used to live in lenton near the white hart pub (now closed)

Whitehart now reopened has been since November. Some great nights in there do you remember Dave Piggott lived on Priory St.

• 5 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Piggy and Babs can't post on here right now, but they can see the posts. I am replying for them.

Fifties boy, yes Dave Piggott worked at Bell Fruit.

Orphan Annie, no Babs didn't work at Bell Fruit.

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of memories of this place. I was there from 1956 to 1960.

Mr. Happer was the headmaster, Percy Fox was the woodwork teacher, Stan Ashmore was Science, Mr. Fletcher was Tech.Drawing and Mr. Barnes was Maths.

Some of my classmates were: Michael Pemberton, Michael Onion, Alan Dean,Roger Woodward,and Ian Johnson. Apologies to all the others whose names I have forgotten.

• 1 year later...

Looking for girls who attended 1961 approx who knew Mckley, Hill Kuff, Yenny, Zan, Duko and in Mrs Seamans class 65/66

Looking for class friends, photos of Cottesmore Girls School from 1960 = 66 aprox onwards. Or any information whatsoever between those years.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Guys, It is wonderful to know that ex-students of Cottesmore are online seeking to find others who were at this wonderful school. I am writing this from Zhejiang province China with a big smile on my face as Nottingham is my home town.

I can remember Mr Adam as he was my English Teacher. Dr Parson was very special to me as he believed  me and set me on the path that made it possible for me to eventually achieve a PhD from a top UK university. I just wish we still had Cottesmore so I could give back to what was a wonderful school for me and many others. I completed my schooling here in 1974 and went on to Peoples College and Forest Fields Grammar and later the Sixth Form College. 

I spent a couple of decades teaching in the UK before relocating to China near 10 years ago with my wife and three sons with a few years in Taiwan but the majority of the time outside UK has been in China.

Kind regards

Leslie

Dr Leslie Taylor

Zhejiang Province

China

• Like 1

Welcome to Nottstalgia Leslie. 

My Dad was at Cottesmore in the 1930s.  He passed the 11-plus (or whatever it was in those days) but insisted on going to Cottesmore because he was a footballer and High Pavement was a rugby school.   

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Lenton Times has a section on teachers at Cottesmore.

Former pupils have listed teachers they remember, and added comments about them. I don't know any of the names, but it makes fascinating - and often amusing - reading.

https://www.lentontimes.co.uk/images/gallery/cottesmore_school_boys/cottesmore_teachers_boys.htm

• 5 months later...

To bring the thread up to date,  this is what the Cottesmore site looks like today.....from Lenton Boulevard.

https://goo.gl/maps/a22pnwS22KQuM6Zm8

And you can see the white house on the corner which has been - and still apparently is - semi-derelict for longer than anyone can remember.