May I be the first expat to wish you all a very Happy & safe Christmas & New Year wherever you may be.

Hope you get to spend it with your loved ones. Please let's not forget the folks who don't have families[& some who do ] they shouldn't have to spend it on their own whilst we are all whooping it up. If we all just stopped & thought about all the money we spend on gifts & all the hoo haa that goes with it,& remember what Christmas is really about. Let's stop trying to impress friends & neighbours with how many presents we can buy our kids/parents & so called friends. Buy an extra turkey leg & invite them around for dinner so they can then enjoy Christmas too. Just remember when the presents are thrown in the waste bin,the people whom we love are still there,on their own,it's food for thought isn't it guys?

Love to you all,let's all cheers each other on Christmas Day whatever we are doing & say thank god we are all here & healthy.

XXXX lips0

And don't forget those who have to work during the Christmas period. - I am one of them.

Several times every day, I will witness peoples Christmases ruined to some extent

or another. Please be vigilant that no one spoils your Christmas this year.

Twice this week I have witnessed incidents that will devastate families not just for the holiday period, but for years. - The week has just begun.

Please drive carefully, and at a reasonable speed. Do not drink and drive.

Ensure that your loved ones do the same.

And look forward to seeing you all on the forums in 2007, and not in person during the holiday period.

Have a SAFE Christmas everyone

Merry crimbo everyone, as mick says be safe out there because we shall want to see you all next year at the general meet up in the Poacher.

If you get there before me mines a ???????????

av-1149.gif

:Friends: Same to you Ilkolad and Scooterboy.110347_001.gif

Hey Den

where did you get that pic of me?? I really must be more careful when i'm jogging :Fool:

Hey Den

where did you get that pic of me?? I really must be more careful when i'm jogging :Fool:

I knew there was a reason I wanted to go to Victoria :ph34r:

Happy body every Christmas.

Geez Pissed already

Baz :ph34r:

Merry Christmas to everyone. Hope you all have a good time and keep safe on those busy roads. Here's to a healthy 2007.

Did you notice John that we say Merry Christmas now and not Happy Christmas? I have only just realised it this year.

Don't eat tooooo much Christmas pud! that's what I say smile2

Merry Christmas everyone - stay safe and enjoy. :crazy:

Merry Christmas to everyone. Hope you all have a good time and keep safe on those busy roads. Here's to a healthy 2007.

Did you notice John that we say Merry Christmas now and not Happy Christmas? I have only just realised it this year.

I've alus said Merry Xmas Katy..

WHY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND NOT HAPPY? -- All I can figure is that at one point, people in England went around calling everything "merrie." They weren't necessarily happy, but by golly, they were merrie. I based that theory on the following:

"Morris Dictionary of Word and Phrase Origins" by William and Mary Morris (HarperCollins, second edition, 1977) "Merrie England. England of the Anglo-Saxon period and the Middle Ages was not a very happy place to be, let alone 'merrie.' So why this phrase indicating revelry and joyous spirits, as if England were one perpetual Christmastime? The answer is that the word 'merrie' originally meant merely 'pleasing and delightful,' not bubbling over with festive spirits, as it does today. The same earlier meaning is found in the famous expression, 'the merry month of May.'"

My only other Merry Christmas fact, recycled from an earlier inquiry: "The tradition of sending Christmas cards originated in the mid-1800's when a few people began to design handmade cards to send to family and friends. A man named John Calcott Horsely is credited as being the first to actually print Christmas cards. The card depicted a family enjoying the holiday, with scenes of people performing acts of charity. The card was inscribed:"Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year to You" This comes from a very nice site http://www.picklejar.com/traditions.htm that has origins of other Christmas traditions.

Hi everyone, I've not posted recently but still visit on a regular basis to see whats happening. Have a good Crimbo everyone and if you do go out partying, leave the wheels at home!

• 10 years later...
  • 2 years later...