• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is a Nottingham song.  

I enjoyed the video that went with the music. Dave Collins's stuff is brilliant the images in this should bring back memories for many on here  

@Cliff Ton: likewise with Oztalgian, plenty for sale. However, I have had a recommendation from you tube, which I am unsure whether to post or not. I can only think that some algorithm has picked up on me posting Nottingham related songs. Definitely not what I have recently been listening to.

I have to agree with you Margie. Just had a listen and I thought how moving it was. For some unknown reason it took me back to my childhood, in Denton Street slums. But I've got no explanation for that. (Another one I like, though no connection is, "The Last Farewell by Roger Whittaker).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Have mused and pondered whether to put on this thread the Jean Ritchie version of Nottamun Town. Medieval English folk song which some people believe is about All Fools Day, however, I think it’s about the Black Death.(only my perception.). 
     Then this popped up and I thought it needed to be on here. (Some may disagree.)

• Like 2

I quite like that, but the video is incredibly annoying. Why does the camera person only point towards the roof/ceiling ? It's impossible to get any sense of where you are. The title says it's at Nottingham railway station; maybe, but it would help if that was more apparent.

Just watched twice C.T., and I'm of the opinion, the cameraman hadn't got a clue what he/she was doing. Unless of course the camera was attached to the singer and she didn't site it properly.

Both Cisco and Gaffa had regular gigs at the Imperial on St James Street throughout the 70s, as well as other venues, such as the Boat Club.

While Cisco are no longer around, Gaffa have reformed and have been playing locally - most recently at the Lincolnshire Poacher.

@Cliff Ton: am unable to access your link, although others have managed to do so.

@Cliff Ton:@Beekay: yes the camera work needs some improvement, however, I think she does songs ad hoc. Her voice gets her “out of gaol”.

She has put up another video at a famous watering hole, however, she’s placed an emoji in the title and the system won’t let me upload it. 

Am I losing the plot? Did I have it to lose? Have I lost it without the knowledge of losing it? In the early hours I thought I saw a message from @Beekay listing the bands on the Radio Nottingham record. It’s not there! Did I dream this? The last band listed was Satan’s Vomit. Has my imagination taken a turn and slipped into a parallel universe?

@radfordred: nice one, pleased your joining in, even if it’s by proxy.

D.A., maybe I shouldn't have posted those titles and that's why they were removed. Perhaps it may have copyright breach.

On 10/8/2022 at 9:19 AM, Dark Angel said:

Just realised @Cliff Ton asked me a question, for which I replied. Those messages have disappeared. I think I need a darkened room in which to take a sojourn.

I can explain it all !

You said you'd had a problem seeing the link I posted;

I asked what technology you were using;

BK showed the track listing of the album;

Then you then said the problem had gone away and normal service was resumed;

So I removed the posts which were talking about something which no longer applied.

Had been pondering with the thought of putting the original version of Nottamun Town by Jean Ritchie on here, however, as someone has already put a version on this thread, I will slip this up tempo version instead as it’s slightly different.