C.1900 - Nottingham

:o ilkolad has given it away if i'm right.. we are looking up Mansfield rd the building reffered to would be the YMCA on Shakespare st :o

:o In fact i think i can see part of the YMCA lettering on the building on the left.. @MCA

:D Mother cancel my appointment with the Opthalmist..Spec-Savers :blink:

Yes you got it at last.

Mansfield Road, looking north from outside the Victoria Station.

Shakespear Street on the left. Further up on the next juction can be seen

the building featured in another Topic

What Was The Cinema Opposite The Victoria Hotel? <LINK>

• 11 years later...

I do not know if it is Morley House but....could the original posters have been wrong with their assumption that the building was the YMCA on Shakespeare Street?......see below courtesy of PTP in 1958:

The photograph at #1 is probably late 1800s - early 1900s so I suppose it could have been demolished to make way for tram tracks????? :P

http://www.picturethepast.org.uk/frontend.php?keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;NTGM002184&pos=7&action=zoom&id=53632

The building on the left,replaced by Sandfield House,was a music hall/cinema. Thinking back it had some "special " floor put in..maybe for dancing? There was some concern over fire issues or there was a fire?? Can't quite recall.. Cliff??