Hi all,

Does anyone remember the snooker halls under the Theatre royal in the 70s, We used to go there for a game at lunchtime from Peoples college, I think it was 2/6p per game. There were about a dozen tables down there and very seedy it was too, Never was any good at snooker because I am colour blind, so used to lose a bit of money.

Cheers

Roger

Hi Plantfit.

I remember the very hall you speak of. Spent a few hours there meself. There was also one across the road under the Evening Post building before it was refurbished.

I remember when we were workin' on the Theatre Royal refurb after they demolished the Theatre hotel we used to go across in the lunch break for a game. Some days the game used to go on 'til home time smile2

• 7 years later...

I remember the one on Burton Road Carlton Oposite side to the Ritz cinema, Played snooker there many times, or rather tried to play.

• 4 months later...

Spent many thursday afternoons in Elston/hopkins,and the one on Piccadilly near the bus depot in Bulwell,Snooker was very popular in my youth,and then in the 70s and 80s on TV,...Tried watching it today and it completly bored me,they even talked about wanting it to become an Olympic Sport...........what next Darts !!!!