Pubs closing or closed down

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you stood there and paid that for four drinks then you and the landlord deserve each other...I'd have told them to sod off and walked out.

Apart from, BBC news Sky news RT news wild life stuff Cow-boy films Judge judy The chase Fools and horses last of summer wine Emmerdale Coronatio

Posted Images

When I was on Trent I got a regular gig there, it turns out that the manager was telling his bosses he was paying me lots more than he did, pocketed the rest, got a bit too greedy, and then started helping himself from the till.

I arrived one night to find the place full of the old bill, and the manager arrested!

Here's a rare event, the Wheatsheaf on Tamworth road had a sign on it today saying that it's been bought and will soon be re-opening under new management.......

Bip.

Here's a rare event, the Wheatsheaf on Tamworth road had a sign on it today saying that it's been bought and will soon be re-opening under new management.......

Bip.

maybe we will see a return to sanity, every single one of the boarded up pubs could make a landlord and landlady a decent living! if they didn,t have to work for the banks and brewries six and a half days a week and half a day for themselves or worse.

The Moleface Pub Company have spent a few bob on the old The Willoughby Arms/Greenhouse and is now reopened as the Wollaton Pub & Kitchen they also own the Larwood & Voce in Bridgeford & Lord Nelson Pub & Kitchen in Burton Joyce sounds very posh.

I'm just off for a stroll to see if they will let us scruffy Wollatonites in ?

http://www.thewollaton.co.uk/

Looks as though The Oakdale is not long for this world.

Came by the newlands inn at golden valley today, its been shut for a while

Yes but The Seven Stars just up the road in Riddings is a fantastic pub. Lynne's doing a cracking job as the landlady.

Wollaton vale pub - name escapes me right at this minute.... went to it after its refit a few times, had a nice meal the first time and then it went down hill... any views anyone? I beleive it is part of a chain albeit a small one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Never would I have thought that the White Hart would go.In my youth the 70s it was the in place to be seen in the Arnold area. We would stand around watching the video juke box .The resturant woud be full of diners.Forest and Notts player were often in there .A pub has stould on that site for many a year. it feels strange to pass it and see it empty almost as if part of my past is soon to dissapear

The Pig and Whistle Muztak Cadi Icmeler was closed, but opened this last week for the season, do a lovely ice cold Efes Pils at £1 a pint and double Godknowswhat Vodka same price lol, on a serious note did The Goose Fair/Sporting Chance on Hucknall Rd also have another name when first opened?

on a serious note did The Goose Fair/Sporting Chance on Hucknall Rd also have another name when first opened?

When it first opened it was called the Goose Fair, then changed it's name to the Sporting Chance (as did other various pubs around the country)

As far as I can remember, that's the only 2 'official' names the pub had in it's short life.

After the murder............it was only a matter of time....

My old man drank in the Millers arms.We kids played skittles and drank lemonade in the back lane. Dont suppose its still there as this was 30 years ago

The old brain is slow-------was more like 40 years ago.

Have some trent bridge junior photos that have tried to post but cant get them to transfer from photobucket to nottsalgia. Any help would be appreciated

The Beefeater @ Beeston was doing well tonite when we went for a meal.

Would that be The Bee Keeper at Beeston Mick ? If so, my Son & I went in a couple of times last week on our 48 hour visit.

Am gathering a few notes to put a post up,,,,,

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Pubs closing or closed down