Pubs closing or closed down

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you stood there and paid that for four drinks then you and the landlord deserve each other...I'd have told them to sod off and walked out.

Apart from, BBC news Sky news RT news wild life stuff Cow-boy films Judge judy The chase Fools and horses last of summer wine Emmerdale Coronatio

Posted Images

Don't know how many will know the Ashfield on the A38 Sutton in Ashfield.Restaurant and carvery for 100.I called in today at 1.30pm and apart from the landlord I was on my own for an hour.I wonder how many rabbit hutches they'll cram onto this site when it shuts....as surely it must.

I'm damned glad I'm not in the licenced trade.

a44444_zps0b9d3be4.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I can't see it mentioned, but I went passed "The Grey Mare" in Clifton on Friday and it's boarded up !

I remember the Grey Mare being built and opening, must have been 1960/61 sort of time, I also remember One of Shipstones Grey mares complete with young foal at the opening ceremony, not being a drinker now for a long time but I did have my first half pint of bitter in there, I think the name came from an old folk song something along the lines of Widdecome fair as some of the road names around the area are also in the song

Rog

"The Old Grey Mare, she ain't what she used to be

Ain't what she used to be,

Ain't what she used to be.

The Old Grey Mare she ain't what she used to be,

So long ago"

(and so on)

Old folk song, childrens rhyme etc

Tom Pearce Tom Pearce, lend me your 'Grey Mare' All along down along out along lee (Or sommat like!)

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Pubs closing or closed down