Pubs closing or closed down

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you stood there and paid that for four drinks then you and the landlord deserve each other...I'd have told them to sod off and walked out.

Apart from, BBC news Sky news RT news wild life stuff Cow-boy films Judge judy The chase Fools and horses last of summer wine Emmerdale Coronatio

Posted Images

:biggrin: Now then fellas leave our Paulus alone! He's not a bad lad really, in fact he's done me a favour by putting on one of my favourite records from way back when I was a teenager of 14:

Mr Eden Kane singing 'Forget Me Not'. Delicious is the only word to describe this song; love it now as I did back then. Played it that many times on my Dansette, it's a wonder it didn't eventually melt!

Anyone remember Eden's 'Well I ask You!', this was a number 1 for ages. Eden took the pop world by storm but viewing the above video, I can't help but notice that he seemed to be copying his gestures and stance from every school girl's dream back then: Mr Billy Fury.

:Kiss: A Smacker for Eden

:Kiss: A Smacker for Billy - for making our teenage years memorable.

One tbat always seems to escape it's seemingly inevitable fate is The Loft on Mansfield Road.

I know and use several of the pubs down that stretch but almost forget that one is there.

• Upvote 1

Where would you like them putting?

What are you listening to today.............was what I aimed for, but took a wrong turn, however the mistake was worthwhile as HRH Christine enjoyed the Eden Kane vid'............................won't be long before we're all royalty at this rate................ :laugh: There'll be no plebs left..........

Anyway back on topic....

I did hear that The Old Volunteer (Carlton) isn't going to be there much longer , no idea how true that is though.

That's where Turneys tannery was, I'm pretty sure that was there a long time before the 20's , I may be wrong though and stand to be corrected.

That's where Turneys tannery was, I'm pretty sure that was there a long time before the 20's , I may be wrong though and stand to be corrected.

The "today" building is the former Turney's Tannery, it is now apartments. The pub - Union Inn - was demolished when Turney's expanded.

A pub I'd never come across before, and which closed down sometime in the 1920s or 30s, so I don't suppose anyone here ever went in it.

The Union Inn, near Trent Bridge

union.jpg

It was approximately here

union1.jpg

It was there in 1916 but not so in 1925

• 3 weeks later...

Agree. Never been tempted in there once, rough place with a 'reputation'.

It has a bit of history connected to the Daybrook railway station I found out recently.

I sold a car to bloke in there once (For fifty quid more than I paid for it !)

• 2 weeks later...

The Lambley - most recently a restaurant but formerly The Nag's Head at Lambley village has recently closed it's doors.

Customer notice

We are sorry to inform you that the company that operated The Lambley have ceased trading.

The Lambley is currently closed but will be taken over and reopened next month by one of Nottinghamshire’s most experienced pub and restaurant operators, with a major reinvestment and refurbishment project planned for later in 2013.

I used to love this place when it was a pub, lovely for a walk on a Summer's evening across the fields at Lambley and a pint at the end of the day. It was a great shame that the pub ran down, was closed and turned into a restaurant. I tried the restaurant the odd time but was not particularly impressed.

NTGM011722.jpg

That would be good news, Paulus. I must admit the first people that came to mind for me were the people who run Tom Browns at Gunthorpe and a few other places, the Perkins.

I'd love to see it become a genuine pub again.

I had a meal in there for my Mums 80th last year, sadly I wasn't that impressed. (Probably so weren't a lot of people and that'll be why it's closing and changing hands)

• 1 month later...

the first thing that comes to my mind is the big brewries like green or square deal although not realy nottingham breweries they own so many pub food chains around the area

The Lambley - most recently a restaurant but formerly The Nag's Head at Lambley village has recently closed it's doors.

Customer notice

We are sorry to inform you that the company that operated The Lambley have ceased trading.

The Lambley is currently closed but will be taken over and reopened next month by one of Nottinghamshire’s most experienced pub and restaurant operators, with a major reinvestment and refurbishment project planned for later in 2013.

I used to love this place when it was a pub, lovely for a walk on a Summer's evening across the fields at Lambley and a pint at the end of the day. It was a great shame that the pub ran down, was closed and turned into a restaurant. I tried the restaurant the odd time but was not particularly impressed.

NTGM011722.jpg

back in the 80's which is when this pic was taken judging by the cars, we painted this pub, i do remember it seemed to take forever to paint those windows and that porch across the lower front!

belay that! i just realised that the white car isn't an xr3! so this pic is considerably later that i'm thinking!

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Pubs closing or closed down