Pubs closing or closed down

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you stood there and paid that for four drinks then you and the landlord deserve each other...I'd have told them to sod off and walked out.

Apart from, BBC news Sky news RT news wild life stuff Cow-boy films Judge judy The chase Fools and horses last of summer wine Emmerdale Coronatio

Posted Images

Just out of interest does anyone know what happened to one of the Angel's former managers from the early 90's - Christine Jackson (I think she also ran the Lion on Clumber St in the 80's)

I used to live a few doors away from her and knocked around with her son for many years until we drifted off our separate ways at senior school.

• 1 month later...

Royal George, Junction 7, Bar 7 & Seven looks like there knocking it down from the inside, you can get a much better view from the roof garden of the Organ Grinder.

Went to see Anti Nowhere League @ Junction 7 this massive fight broke out with a few down the front & the band.

P1110957_zpsodoodtga.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

#1197 used to be a fantastic pub when Gilly was in charge (now @ The Horse & Jockey Stapleford) the Queen Adelaide must have some of the best views over Nottingham city center especially late @ night.

Note: The landlady has had her licence revoked which she would need to take another pub on.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 27 July 2016 at 9:58 AM, radfordred said:

#1197 used to be a fantastic pub when Gilly was in charge (now @ The Horse & Jockey Stapleford) the Queen Adelaide must have some of the best views over Nottingham city center especially late @ night.

Note: The landlady has had her licence revoked which she would need to take another pub on.

RR does Gilly have the star at Beeston as well as the jockey ?

• 3 months later...
On 6/30/2015 at 8:28 AM, Cliff Ton said:

Surprising to see The Grove in Lenton is still For Sale / To Let after more than 4 years boarded up.

grove_1.jpg

And it's still like that even now. The large sign on the side of the building has a few spelling mistakes.

grove1_zpsfxctltwy.jpg

• 3 months later...

I know lots of people on here think Facebook is the work of the devil, but for those on it take a look at NottsMan. 

His taste in music certainly doesn't match mine but he searches out some cracking pics & videos. 

This one's Lost Pubs. 

• Upvote 2

Following on from the cave discovered under what used to be the Woodlark pub on the corner of Convent Street / St.Johns Street ( later an extended Lower Parliament St.) .

The Woodlark was closed in 1909 along with many other town centre pubs.

Here's a list from the E.P. in Feb 1909 showing those to be closed and compensation paid out , plus a list of some closed the previous year (though some names seem familiar).

32564260693_72547a270e.jpg

Was in Notts the other day and noticed that one of our pubs not closing down was the Turf Tavern it seems that it's had a transformation and is now called The Hop Merchant. Try saying that when you've had a few.

• Upvote 1

For another influx of students I suspect. It'll soon be as bad as Nottm.

At least they spend some money!

Lizzie right there 'Bubble'............only two things i liked about the place were.............Marsdens in the 60s and an Indian restuarant in the 70s..........oh yes and Maureen in the 60s..............lol..

1 hour ago, LizzieM said:

You're doing well to get out of Loughborough Bubblewrap!  

Loughborough is quite expensive for housing I think I've saved about £35k by moving to Nottingham.:)

I went out with a 'Siamese' student from Loughborough Uni in 1962/3.  He said that when he went back home he had to be a Buddhist monk for a while - apparently all the young men had to do this!  He certainly didn't want to act like a monk while he was in England - I nearly had to use judo to keep him at bay... 

• Upvote 1
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Pubs closing or closed down