Pubs closing or closed down

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you stood there and paid that for four drinks then you and the landlord deserve each other...I'd have told them to sod off and walked out.

Apart from, BBC news Sky news RT news wild life stuff Cow-boy films Judge judy The chase Fools and horses last of summer wine Emmerdale Coronatio

Posted Images

just one pup left the coach and horses on corner of northgate/radford rd but its a long way down ray.

• 1 month later...

Went passed the Greyhound in Arnold today, all tinned up.

But now open again. Rumour has it that the previous landlord did a runner with the takings, which is why it was shut.

In other news, Weatherspoons have just opened their 888th drinking establishment.

new landlord at the grehound used to run the woolaton and is a nice guy he was realy getting it up and running becomming popular again when brewery did the same as they do with most pubs at the momentput up the rent so the landlords carnt make a profit or a decent living wage so they leave and the pubs closedown until they can find a new manager/landlord or just remains closed perminantly.

this has just happened again at the whitehartnew landlord ane\ forest player they are doing a relaunch tommorow night with a cople of the current forest players comming.

Ashley, tell me that is not true, please?

Put the Black Lion Hotel on Google and there are umpteen threads, all praising the pub.

First one though, advertising for a new tenant. The Star Group is offering a new food package etc for the new publican!

Surely they would not demolish it and put up a supermarket.

I know it's not Nott'm , but one of my locals closed down , they have put 20 houses on the site !! (It wasn't that big either)

• 2 months later...

"Pubs closing down because of the Smoking Ban", You say?

Last night at our local,

1 Pint Guinness, 1 Pint 'Bombardier' Bitter and 2 Glasses house wine = £17

"Rip Off!" and... Thats what I say

Wow! It was announced today that Starbucks was converting Nottingham Castle in to their largest UK outlet.

First thing I did was to check the calendar

Another place to avoid then.

I've never been in a Costabucks.

• 2 weeks later...

Sad. I spent many a happy evening locked-in at the Marquis of Lorne in the 70s, playing darts and supping until well into the night.

I forget the landlord's name now, but I first knew him from when he ran Parliament House on the corner of Upper Parliament street and Market Street, until it got shut-down.

Corner of Middleton Street & Salisbury Street

I used to walk past the Marquis of Lorne with my Mother on the way to Grandparents at number 60 Middleton Street in the late 50's/early 60's

yep all gone now. just a pile of rubble in between a car wash and Leivers & Millership

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Pubs closing or closed down