Pubs closing or closed down

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you stood there and paid that for four drinks then you and the landlord deserve each other...I'd have told them to sod off and walked out.

Apart from, BBC news Sky news RT news wild life stuff Cow-boy films Judge judy The chase Fools and horses last of summer wine Emmerdale Coronatio

Posted Images

Apart from,

BBC news

Sky news

RT news

wild life stuff

Cow-boy films

Judge judy

The chase

Fools and horses

last of summer wine

Emmerdale

Coronation street

I'm same as you Catfan,............never watch it.......

edit      oh yes Question time and Benidorm..............

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ben,have you got round to watching "loose Women" yet? and no, not what you're thinking

Mick,it was the little yellow people from the far east who invented Karaoke,I think it means little orchestra or sommat,some of the idiots can't sing without backing music so they must sound rate crap with it

Rog

• Like 1

Yes Rog seen 'loose women'................only like 3 of em that ive seen..........Janet street Porter.........Nadia......and Nottinghams own Sherrie Hewson........

5 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

If I went in a pub and found that happening, it would probably make me leave and look for somewhere else.  It's almost as bad as unruly kids.

I under stand about the kids but at least when we had a song and a dance you feel as though you had, had a good night out.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Bubblewrap said:

I know of several pubs without a T.V. Juke box or one armed bandit/games machine & they are usually well patronised :)

One to mention is "Dixies" in Lower Bagthorpe.

1 hour ago, catfan said:

Talking of pub entertainment or not, I can't abide that silly  pub pastime today called karaoke, who  ever dreamed that up ought to be boiled in oil.

Sang Karioke only once.......about 20 years ago in 'The Duke of St Albans'...with two of my old school mates,.......we were Booed off the stage' it was a Padstow school reunion.......and they were supposed to be old friends as well.......mind you i was slightly ineberated.(drunk).........lol.

no, as Mary says you can't beat a good old sing-song with a pianist..........and there was no better night for it than the Masons Arms old Basford,.which closed in the late 80s..........Harry or Dennis on Piano........and dear old Edna the Landlady.........Mrs Ben had just moved to Nottingham from way down south............and she said she'd never known anything like it............;)

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Well that didn't last long then !

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, catfan said:

Besides plenty more pubs in town to choose from.

How about the Roebuck, tonight at 8 o'clock?

3 hours ago, catfan said:

But it was a wine bar not a pub Red ? 

No full on pub, after reopened after being Chambers I don't think I missed a Saturday night in there for the 6 weeks the Harvest Pale was bang on, my tolerance levels are not to good & I think we stopped going in because it took too long to get served. 

On 12/6/2017 at 4:20 PM, radfordred said:

No full on pub, after reopened after being Chambers I don't think I missed a Saturday night in there for the 6 weeks the Harvest Pale was bang on, my tolerance levels are not to good & I think we stopped going in because it took too long to get served. 

Mine too, five mins and i'm away elsewhere.

The Bag O Nails in lenton has closed now, only one cheap pub left down there now.

On another note Radfordred, i saw your Mam puffing and panting on her way home the other week by the old Beechdale baths, so i did the honorable thing and dropped her off at her door, she was surprised i knew where she lived lol, used to have relations living a few doors away.

• Upvote 1
On 16/12/2017 at 6:38 PM, the_big_fact_hunt said:

The Bag O Nails in lenton has closed now, only one cheap pub left down there now.

Has it actually closed for good, or just for christmas ?    It closes at this time of the year anyway because when the students go home, there are no customers left.  In the past it only operated during term times.

• 2 weeks later...

Huge improvement that....  I'm well impressed...  :(

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Pubs closing or closed down