Pubs closing or closed down

No knowledge of their associations Ashley but I do know that Skinner & Rook had premises on the southern corner of Clumber Street on the west side of the street. My missus' mum worked their in the 1950s'.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you stood there and paid that for four drinks then you and the landlord deserve each other...I'd have told them to sod off and walked out.

Apart from, BBC news Sky news RT news wild life stuff Cow-boy films Judge judy The chase Fools and horses last of summer wine Emmerdale Coronatio

Posted Images

We used have a bloke down the Variety that only drank bottled Guinness , but not if it was bottled by Skinner & Rook ?

While in town yesterday afternoon noticed The old Bench & Bar now Fashion lounge bar back end of broad march is now an empty shell ?

But The Cross Keys & the top of Byard Lane is about to be refurbished, reopened and reinvigorated under the stewardship of local publicans Great Northern Inns.

Went to Sheffield Saturday, what a ****hole! That said all the pubs I saw were open and looked busy, not just city centre either, and as for the villages on outskirts never seen so many pubs! some fit cyclists out there too, average road is like the north face of the eiger, people there don't have dogs, they take mountain goats for a walk.

Took SWMBO and the kids out for dinner last night (Decorating the kitchen at the moment and didn't want to smudge the paint) We went to the local carvery, 4 meals, a pint of Dambuster, 2 J2Os' , £24.50p

(It's Greenking owned !!!!)

Gutted been told @ work today that my local The Wollaton Pub & Kitchen was 1 year old on Friday just gone .... & all the beer was free !!

Which one is that, is it the old Wheelhouse, if so, slightly more than a year old.

what, you get smuggled around in a carpet van? The Boulevard was a large place, had staff bedrooms on top floor, (one landlord flogged all the old doors from them to a pine stripper!) 1970's had disco's upstairs loads of birds in hot pants!, trying to think of doorman's name, lived near me, well known guy, badly injured falling off the old forest stand when it was being demolished,

White Hart Glasshouse Street has scaffolding all around it as has White Swan at Old Basford

No the Wheelhouse is still the Wheelhouse still poisoning people.

Little known fact that former Notts CCC cricketer Alan Wheelhouse was once banned...from the Wheelhouse, 'tis true...

Cheers

Robt P.

Took a nostalgic trip to Trent Lock today - only to find the Steamboat Inn is closed (again) - looks like recently too. The Navigation was open, so I had my lunch there - a pint of Theakston's Mild to wash it down! Luvverly!

used to drink mild nothing else , on occasion now (usually after a few bitters) forget and ask for such, often get a vacant look, but now and then get it, tastes very different to how I remember, sort of caramel or liquice

Can't get it at all round here !!!

When I first came over in 97 every pub sold it !!!

• 3 weeks later...

Another (this time thriving) local pub is to close, albeit possibly temporarily. The Sherwood Inn is to close it's doors. Considering that two other pubs, The Sherwood Manor and The Punch and Judy have recently been closed due to suspected arson attacks, the choice is getting fairly thin in Sherwood.

Pub closure sadness after court battle

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/homenews/Pub-closure-sadness-court-battle/article-1957816-detail/article.html

Don't know about a username, Den, but would it be one of the following:

'At a court hearing management team Phil Sambell, Julian Phillips and David Hope claimed they were misled over the venue's beer sales'

I went passed the Windsor Castle, in Carlton, last Sunday night and it was open , I went passed again on Thursday , and it's all boarded up !!

A little further afield "The French Horn" at Upton , near Southwell, (One of my favourite restaurant/pubs in the early 80's, was also shuttered up.

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Pubs closing or closed down