Pubs closing or closed down

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you stood there and paid that for four drinks then you and the landlord deserve each other...I'd have told them to sod off and walked out.

Apart from, BBC news Sky news RT news wild life stuff Cow-boy films Judge judy The chase Fools and horses last of summer wine Emmerdale Coronatio

Posted Images

The Belle Vue is no more, totally flattened - to be replaced by a care home.

Funnily enough I delivered a load of underground clay pipes there on Thursday !

Yes your'e right, a care home it will be.

So how many pubs shutting down can you put to the Smoking ban? The pub was always a place for the working Man to go to and relax and have a few pints and a good ten Woodbines....The worst thing they did when they brought in the smoking ban was to not allow the bar to be smoking and the best room to be non smoking...that way fairness prevails...the do-gooders of this country just dont know how much damage they are doing!!!

Owdtite..

So how many pubs shutting down can you put to the Smoking ban? The pub was always a place for the working Man to go to and relax and have a few pints and a good ten Woodbines....The worst thing they did when they brought in the smoking ban was to not allow the bar to be smoking and the best room to be non smoking...that way fairness prevails...the do-gooders of this country just dont know how much damage they are doing!!!

Owdtite..

Spot on !

They would answer that with "We are protecting the staff"

I've said a hundred times...If the tight fisted breweries had spent money on decent air conditioning instead of a ten quid expelair stuck in the wall that did damn all.... the ban would have been unecessary.

Some on here might remember Peggy and Eric who were tenants of the Travellers Rest, Mapperley Top....In the seventies they spent £2,000 on air conditioning,lot of money then.

On red hot summer nights that pub could be packed solid,but when you walked in the temperature dropped to a pleasant level and there wasn't a wisp of smoke in the air.None whatsoever...but it cost money to do it.

The breweries should have attended to it years ago.And don't forget there was a possibility private clubs would have been exempt...it was the breweries themselves who lobbied government to impose a total ban because they didn't want private clubs poaching their pub business...lot of good it did them.

• 2 weeks later...

Pheonix and Grey Goose both at Gedling up for sale, will only get worse if govt bring in this ban on cheap booze, (which won't make one scrap of difference to the anti social behaviour etc)

Not the "Dirty Duck" Ashley!! We used to drop by there of a lunchtime, much to the dismay of our lecturers when I was on day release at Arnold and Carlton College. They hated the repeated delays while we went to drain the remains of three pints of best bitter in the afternoons.

I used to frequent that place in years gone by, the 'bikers' nights (Mondays or was it Tuesdays??)were great. At least it's only up for sale and not "Out of business"

Incedently, I'm not surprised that they are struggling, I was looking at property in Woodhall Spa Lincolnshire (Trying to get a move to "Bomber County") and came across this

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-28820393.html

The bit that got me was that they want £135,000 for a twelve year lease, and £31.000 per annum in rent on top, (And don't forget that at the end of twelve years ,it aint yours!!!)

Tenure

Leasehold

Original length: 20 years

Remaining: 12 years

Review: every 5 yearsRent: £31,000 per annum

Punch Taverns lease

falcon now open again, borlase warren no longer minging of paint thumbsup hello to all new to the boards...originally from aspley went to william crane now living at newthorpe.

lol mick....never really have much to say. katjay i left in 85 you left 8 years before i was even born, my mum still lives on albury drive.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As I drove over to my mums last night I noticed both "The White Lion" at the bottom of Carlton Road in Sneinton, and "The Windsor Castle" in Carlton were both boarded up.

Off out for a pint or two in "The Blacks Head" in a minute or two !!

• 2 weeks later...

...and one staying open.

I'm a bit surprised that The Duke of St. Albans still endures, but remain open it does. Good for the locals as it's a fair trek to anywhere else in those parts these days. Looks like the current landlord takes a firm and straightforward stance.

A sense of community down the Duke

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Pubs closing or closed down