Pubs closing or closed down

Supped a few jars in there at lunch time , cirrca 1977 , nothing to do with your question I know, but it is my only experience of the place , dispite working near it for 3 years!!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you stood there and paid that for four drinks then you and the landlord deserve each other...I'd have told them to sod off and walked out.

Apart from, BBC news Sky news RT news wild life stuff Cow-boy films Judge judy The chase Fools and horses last of summer wine Emmerdale Coronatio

Posted Images

Passed the PELHAM tonight and it was full of lights inside.

Don't know what is happening yet but it looks like the builders are in.

• 2 weeks later...

Running Horse now up for sale and looks closed, Manvers Arms Radcliffe Lease for sale, Royal Oak Radcliffe been shut most of year set to reopen as "pub and kitchen"? before christmas, see how long that lasts till the mob get back in?

• 4 weeks later...

I noticed the Cavendish was closed again over Christmas /New year. and the Toby Jug too

It looks like the end of the road for the Barleycorn on Nuthall road, looks like the demolition guys are in.

It has been closed for a long time, wonder what will be built on the space?

The Red Lion a bit further down Nuthall road was demolished about 2 years ago, the site is now owned by Basford Hall college, but is still derelict.

Went passed the Borlace Warren about half ten last night, it looked to be open,but for how long. Canning Circus seems to get more derelict every month.

It looks like the end of the road for the Barleycorn on Nuthall road..

Wonder if the legendary spitoon was sold on eBay? "Offers over £500"!

Cheers

Robt P.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the warren in stapelford has now been demolished, cheers to every, went in the nags head yesterday dinner [mansfield road nottingham] great pint but i was the only one in.

Yesterday we drove down Radford Blvd to Collins warehouse Bobbers Mill.

The Grand Pub, former residence of Wally Swift the Boxer, has changed hands.

Had a huge indian sign on the front. I could be wrong but it might be a mosque now?

The lights changed before SWMBO could rummage to the bottom of her bag and find the phone

to take a picture. Perhaps one of the locals could post one?

I know it's not Nottingham , but one of the nicest pub/ restaurants round here, The Raven, has closed down (All shuttered up, you used to get a lovely 8oz Lamb steak for about £6.00 with all the trimmings !!)

My reason for linking it in this thread is that they had tried to make it an Indian restaurant too and it failed miserably!! Maybe thats what The Grand is trying ???

I’ll let someone else take up the Muslim issue I’m not going to get into a slinging match over religion and the freedom to choose what one believes in.

The closure of pubs is an issue of which I don’t mind venting my spleen over.

One doesn’t go on a Muslim hit list for that.

Personally I’m all for no smoking in pubs, even though if I was still a smoker now you would be hearing me complain at ever opportunity.

Even though most pubs have bent over backwards by providing these social outcasts with warm bum friendly seating and hurricane proof shelter there still seems a decline in trade.

Maybe these establishments ought take a closer look at why people are staying away, and what can they do to make those who are left happier.

Cost of the beer is one of my complaints and all of you have heard me complain about the price of beer in and around Sawley after all I brew my own for less than 25pence a pint.

When one pays the same for a glass of fizzy pop as one does for a pint of beer there’s something very wrong in my opinion there too.

I only have to walk a little bit farther than my local and I can cut the cost of a pint by 70pence by going into a warm and friend club.

Not only the beers cheaper but the eatables are to, I would pay a £1 for a bag of scratching in the Nags, 65pence in the club, peanuts and dry roasted follow suit.

There are several pubs in Long Eaton that have been closed due to drugs raids, these pubs are up for rent, I can’t see these establishments ever opening again not in these days of ever increasing prices and acquisitiveness land lords.

Bip now on free prescriptions.

quiet right bip, and some pubs are really dirty went in tappers arker in long eaton on saturday 06/02/2010 the place was dirty and smelly,the beer was ok

Yes the Grand is now a Mosque/learning centre.

Glad to see the Building is still in use,

Unlike many others demolished, becoming an empty space or replaced by a Supermarket.

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Pubs closing or closed down