Happy New Year to one & all from the land down under. We celebrated New Years Eve in Melbourne with a few rellies & half a million other people all doing the same. We only saw one incident with a female would you believe,made possible because booze was banned in the CBD. Just goes to show how the amber nectar makes people behave when they have over indulged. Hope 2007 is a happy & healthy year for you all lips0

Go to "owt about nowt" for related question to this post. smile2

• 10 years later...

Thanks Caz for the greeting.

Happy new year to all members young and our mature ones.

Let's hear it for 2018 hopefully if you had a bad 2017 things will be better for you in 2018.

Best wisher's to all Nottsalgia members.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Happy new year to y'all from the Deep South.  We are starting the new year with temps in the teens so it's not always hot here.  We've survived another year.  Sympathies to those who have struggled with health issues or lost relatives and friends this year.

Wishing you everything you wish for yourselves in 2018.

Special thanks to Mick for Nottstalgia.  Long may it continue.

Dave, Mrs Loppy and the boys.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Wishing all the members and their families a happy new year and hope that all your wishes for 2018 come true.

• Like 6

Happy new year my friends..........and as NBL says if you going out (partying) enjoy yasens and take care........went to some great NYE parties in the past.....so they tell me......lol.

• Like 5

Remember in the late 60s on new years day........thinking ''how did my suit get in that state''........and where did one shoe go ?........

Happy New Year to all my Nottstalgia Cyba Buddies. Thank's to you all for your friendship and here's hoping you all have a Happy and Healthy 2018. Looking forward to seeing you in the new year.

Many thanks to Mick2me again for keeping the site going for us and to CliffTon and the Mods for sorting all our queries for us. Not forgetting our Chulla for getting us organised with the meet ups, very much appreciated to you all Miducks.

Time to get ready to go out and Party...................Not!   Slippers,  Jimjams, Tea, Cadburys, Icecream,  that's all I need these days. Can't take it anymore, party pooper these days I am!  Oh benj, how many New years days have I woken around 5pmish, crawled of the sofa. and wondered the same thing, and sometimes never finding the shoe?  Happy New Year All xx

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

A very happy New Year to everyone, and remember, In life, ALWAYS aim for the moon. Even if you fail,you'll still land amongst the stars !

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, benjamin1945 said:

how did my suit get in that state''........and where did one shoe go ?........

There's a tale behind that one, I'm sure!

Looking forward to hearing more of your hilarious love life in 2018, Ben! ;)

• Like 3

Well it looks like I’m a bit late with my Happy New Year wishes, you lot are really on the ball.  

I have a good excuse though, it’s bedlam here in Lilliput.  We’ve had Nottingham friends staying with us for the past 4 days, had a lovely time with them, lots of windy walks on the beach and plenty of alcohol too.  They departed this afternoon and half an hour later there was a knock’ on the door and one of our boys, his wife and 2 kids had arrived unexpectedly, to surprise us!   So we’ve got an excited noisy 4 year old entertaining us. The 15 year old hasn’t taken his eyes off his phone!!   We thought we’d be having a nice quiet NYE too.  

Have a happy time fellow Nottstalgians, I wish you all the best for 2018 and truly hope that you all stay healthy, which is far more important than anything else.  

• Like 10
2 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Remember in the late 60s on new years day........thinking ''how did my suit get in that state''........and where did one shoe go ?........

And....How did my Liberty bodice get torn?  

Remember in the coming year.  Somebody has to be the dog, and somebody has to be the lamp post.:Shock:

• Like 3

Can't think of NYE without thinking back to my younger days, and the Hogmanay programme on the BBC. Andy Stewart singing A Scottish Soldier, Moira [Anderson?] singing too, some Scottish dancing, and generally an entertaining night. Then there'd be the First Footing etc at our house. 

• Like 2