The U.K GOV must have terrific powers over World / Independant broadcasters as there are many showing only Queen related programing and others returning to it regularly.

Here's channels I can see at the moment, there will be many more;

Full content;

BBC1

BBC2

BBC Parliament

BBC 24hrs news channel

ITV News

Sky News

GB News

Bloomberg (financial channel)

Euronews

France24 News(English)

Talk Tv

Returning regularly to Queen based;

CNBC

NBC

NDTV

Aljazeera

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whether you are in favour of the monarchy or not, the death of our Queen is a monumental historical event, not only here in Britain but all around the world. There are plenty of other tv channels nowa

One of the Queens pallbearers Luke Simpson is from just up the road in Selston, you have done you country, Nottingham, family & friends proud.   Respect x      

Each and everyone of those eight young men deserve the utmost respect and admiration, what a mammoth task to have to perform under the gaze of the world, which they did faultlessly. They are no doubt

Not me, C-T.

But I don't have any objection to it being on for those who do want it.

I assume people who aren't Royalists / in favour of a Monarchy and are employed will be working as normal on the likely to be announced extra Bank Holiday on the day of the funeral.

Even the planned strikes have been called off.

If it was state control we would all be being forced to watch the coverage, we are not. Which is the point i was making in my original post, we all have choices. And this is the last i will be saying on the subject as i feel that an obituary is not the place for debating this.

29 minutes ago, Cliff Ton said:

It would be interesting to know how many people are watching the wall-to-wall Queen 

Had the coverage on yesterday until we'd seen everything for the third time then watched Shetland that we'd recorded. Put the news on this morning, as normal, and am now stripping wallpaper with TV off

43 minutes ago, Alpha said:

That's is also part of my argument. The BBC has still not come to terms with impartiality in broadcasting. 

This coverage of the the current issue is exactly like DJ360's comment of state control, something we might well expect from a totalitarian state.

Who's pulling the strings here, the BBC lovies who still cannot release themselves from the rigorous control of the self governing BBC dictator John Reith, or is it the hand-wringing palace mandarins or both. 

I'm more inclined to feel the hand of the current Govt...via its embedded Tory  sympathising majority within the Beeb.

28 minutes ago, DJ360 said:

I'm more inclined to feel the hand of the current Govt...via its embedded Tory  sympathising majority within the Beeb.

Would not the politics thread be more appropriate for the comments made debating control of the BBC rather than an obituary?

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Hey Arnold said:

Had the coverage on yesterday until we'd seen everything for the third time then watched Shetland that we'd recorded. Put the news on this morning, as normal, and am now stripping wallpaper with TV off

I'd sooner watch Wall to Wall coverage..than strip Wallpaper.....:Shock:

• Like 1

I can understand why it's one of those things you might love to hate, but I've always really liked it - even if it might be corny.

For me it immediately sums up being at home listening to the radio or record player when I was around 5 - 10 years old.

And I have the same cosy feeling about Robert Farnon's Westminster Waltz. They both have me wallowing in the early 60s.

Yes, Sailing By.

We had a recording of the Elizabethan Serenade when I was a very young child. The first time I ever heard it, I screamed and started crying. When I started school at four years old, the school pianist played it one morning as we went into assembly. Same result, screaming, crying, demands to stop playing it! I was taken out. The teachers thought I was ill. Every time I saw Mrs Lowe, the school pianist, after that, I screamed because I feared she would play it again. Poor woman asked, in tears, what she had done to upset me and I told her it was playing that piece of music.

I'm sure they thought I was nutty but, even now, I still don't like it. For years, it was used to advertise Dairy Lea cheese spread and if it came on tv, it was switched off rapidly. All I can say is that it's something to do with the melody and the intervals between the notes. Maybe I am just nuts!

• Like 1

How did all these individuals get into St Paul’s for the Thanksgiving Service, were they invited or did they hang about outside hoping to get in the door?   Am I old-fashioned thinking that the congregation should have made a bit of an effort dress-wise at such an event, especially as it’s televised worldwide?  A lot of the people there were downright scruffy, open-neck shirts, T shirts, I  even saw a large woman in a tracksuit!   When Diana’s funeral cortège drove up the M1 through Hertfordshire I stood on the hard shoulder wearing a black jacket, to me it was only right. 

• Like 1

@LizzieMthose who attended would have been the first to collect a wristband from the London Tourist Office, or some such place. That would then entitle them to attend the service for which places were limited. Perhaps they didn't have time to change in the scrum!?

1 hour ago, LizzieM said:

How did all these individuals get into St Paul’s for the Thanksgiving Service, were they invited or did they hang about outside hoping to get in the door?   Am I old-fashioned thinking that the congregation should have made a bit of an effort dress-wise at such an event, especially as it’s televised worldwide?  A lot of the people there were downright scruffy, open-neck shirts, T shirts, I  even saw a large woman in a tracksuit!   When Diana’s funeral cortège drove up the M1 through Hertfordshire I stood on the hard shoulder wearing a black jacket, to me it was only right. 

Exactly what i thought Lizzie......

50 minutes ago, RadFordee said:

@LizzieMi said to hey arnold earlier how smart and well turned out the new prime minister looked when she went to meet the king in comparison to Boris who normally turned up for everything looking like he had slept in a skip.

I agree about Boris, he always looks a mess but he did give a very good speech today.  However, I’m sure Liz Truss  was able to pull her favourite LBD out of the wardrobe.