After mentions of egg & chips in my post about gas cookers I've started a thread on it.... I LOVE egg & chips,to me it's a comfort food & so simple to cook. Sometimes I buy a bag of chips from the chippy & fry a couple of eggs, might have to warm the chips up in the microwave but hey so what. Mam would often give us egg & chips when I was a kid, wonder what the health police would make of that nowadays? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

In addition to afore mentioned Colly0410, I'll respectfully add my bit. Sure I've said this before, but I would almost kill for egg, chips and corned beef. Perfect if it's got gravy added, then it's favourite meal of all time.

I know the diehards will ridicule but I don't care, it's lovely ! Made even better with a slice of bread and butter.

• Like 2

I have a boiled egg for breakfast every morning (free range, of course) with granary toast.  I like omelettes, too. Quiches (home made), egg custards (home made except for the puff pastry), even poached eggs which, as a child, I always referred to as perched eggs.

• Like 1

When I was in the army on exercise's we'd have egg banjos, (fried eggs sunny side up in a sandwich) they were delish, often the egg yolk would run down your chin...  BeeKay. Like the idea of corned beef with egg & chips, not sure about the gravy though. My wife has gravy on fish cake & chips, ugh, lol...  

There's a skill in using a scythe. I was taught by an old countryman many years ago. You had to keep it very sharp with a stone that was tapered at each end. It was a very satisfying craft and much quieter than a petrol strimmer. I still have it somewhere. How can you loose a scythe?

One of my favourites as a child was dripping on toast, especially if you got some of the dark meat juice jelly bit! My mum used to love tripe, yuck. She also used to do pigs trotters which were really tasty but the hair on the feet used to put me off!

3 hours ago, Oztalgian said:

Talking of chips and gravy. Any Canadians on here, what about Poutine? Chips, cheese curds and gravy on top.....food of the gods!

Hi Oz,

Chips, cheese and gravy is the Manx national dish...

Chips, cheese, and gravy is the national dish of the Manx people. It consists of deep-fried potato chips, grated Manx Cheddar cheese, and beef gravy. This local specialty can be bought at many of the island's takeaways. In order to prepare the dish, chips are first deep-fried, topped with grated cheddar, then gravy, which melts the cheese.

Every year, on the last Monday of January, chips, cheese, and gravy are celebrated with their own day, called National Chips, Cheese & Gravy Day.

I knew there was sumat not right with Manx folk WB..................That was a treat im glad i missed when i was there....lol

• Upvote 1

While we're on the subject of chips. What's "Loaded fries" ,What's that all about? Now you get a portion of chips and they stick on a full course meal on top ! You get macaroni cheese, then pulled pork (whatever that is) topped with various sauces. If it can be ladled out, it will go on chips. Get chips then stick a bowl of stew on top, that's the thing it seems.