Life without the internet

Great day today, Virgin sorted out my router, it has been broken since Friday morning. It only took him 5 minutes to sort it out, the main supply cable was u/s.

What surprised me was how dependant I have become on the internet. The amount of times I was going to go onto my laptop to find info ,weather films additional TV programmes shopping contacts in fact to many things to mention. How did we ever manage pre internet days. Dont tell me to use my phone , as my fingers always seem to press the wrong buttons, the buttons are too small and it takes me too long.

How have others fared when they have lost the internet for a few days.

• Like 1

I have shelves of encyclopaedias and reference works which are totally superfluous now that information can easily be obtained online. If you've got a tricky problem you can be sure that someone has solved it and put it on YouTube. I would hate to lose my internet connection.

• Like 1
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Life without the internet

When I was 14 somebody bought me the Guinness book of records (1968) for Christmas and since then I have bought it every 5 years (2018 was the last one) and I love looking through the older ones still. Much more enjoyable than Google.

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

And you wouldn't now be waking up screaming at 2am because of nightmares about the Manning! :(

Actually Jill it's only just dawned on me that since i have been posting on here about my time at the

Manning i have not had that nightmare that i used to have once.

Maybe i had kept it bottled up for too long and talking about it has been cathartic for me. I'm cured:rotfl:.

3 hours ago, RadFordee said:

Without the internet i would not have found this great forum, it popped up on my screen when i did a google search for info on Boden st in Radford where my dad lived as a child.

And you found a daft bugger who went to school with your Dad  !