The one with the 'shortest' sorry 'vintageann' and no i did'nt win the 'comedians night'............. :)

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re the picture of the the girls against the juke box at the Dungeon.

Can't actually remember the juke box but you can see a TV screen to the left of the picture . I do remember that as it was where I watched the replay of the World Cup final on the Sunday afternoon after England won the World Cup in 1966 .

Shortest skirt !!!!!!!! Damn me, I missed that one. I love nice legs.

Anyone recall that The Dungeon held a 'Short Skirt contest'. I was appalled even then. Who won that I wonder? Also a comedians night. Neither of these events are from memory, but are noted in my 1966 diary.

I don't recall the " short skirt contest" but I do recall Pete Stringfellow coming to the Dungeon and throwing flowers into the audience whilst playing San Francisco ( Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair) on a midweek night... Wednesday I think. He got soundly booed off stage and I don't think he ever came again.

• Upvote 2

That's the night he slept on my mums sofa !!!!! 1967, didn't see him again until he opened millionaires club in Manchester.....here's a bit of useless info..think it opened 1980 time with Brett Hutchinson as DJ....Brett is the brother of Sherie Hewson and the cousin of Gary Birtles who just happened to spend a year up north , as Stringfelllows club was taking off.....what ever happened to the mojo club ?

The mini skirt took off around 1965 and can remember wearing one to the dungeon with a really long suede coat !!!!!! So maybe you didn't notice the mini skirts, cus we all still had the long coats on to dance..!!!!!??

• Upvote 2

And a bit later, would it be around 1969-70, hot pants, knee-high white plastic boots ( that really ponged when you took them off, so we kept 'em on), and then the rabbit-fur coat on top.

• Upvote 2

Was that the hot pants or the boots that ponged..!!!!!!! LOL

• Upvote 1

Hippogirl the Mojo was a really great club I preferred it to all the Notts clubs and I tthink it was better than that great club The Nite Owl

Hi Siddha, have fond memories of the mojo but only went for a year or so before it closed.

Saw some great acts there including Ike and Tina but loved the dance floor as it had previously been a ballroom dance school !!!!

The mini skirt took off around 1965 and can remember wearing one to the dungeon with a really long suede coat !!!!!! So maybe you didn't notice the mini skirts, cus we all still had the long coats on to dance..!!!!!??

I bow to your superior knowledge of what you wore and when, feel compelled to point out though that with the Mini Skirt came the passion killers.

My memory tells me that I must have gone out with some old fashioned girls in 1967.

If my memory is right, when we started to wear the Mini Skirts (And they were Mini) we also saw the ending of the Suspender Belt and Stockings!

So I think the Passion Killers were.......................................... TIGHTS!!

You can't have everything fella's, You can have mini skirts, Tights and lots of Leg on show, or Longer skirts and Suspender Belts, and imagination!

slywink

• Upvote 1

I'll take my chance with minis.

Don't know why, but stockings and suspender belts were something men lusted after. All I know is, it was a draughty bit of thigh at the top, with stockings!. Who remembers [ladies that is, LOL] losing the 'button' on the suspenders and putting a proper button in it's place. The good thing about stockings was, if you laddered one, you could just swap it with another, tights you couldn't do that.

Katyjay, I just found this post again, in What did we look like Thread. It looks like I was posher than you. I used a sixpence and you used a button! LOL.

What about substituting the little bobble with a sixpence, on our suspenders, to hold our stockings up, because they were always breaking off at awkward times. And that familiar feeling of the sixpence working loose and slowly slipping down your leg into view,not to mention the Nora Batty wrinkles appearing on the ankle. :huh: :P.Having to do the funny walk, holding on the the top of your stocking through your skirt until you could find some where to put the sixpence back in place. Or did this only happen to me.? :unsure: :blush: Oh

• Upvote 2