• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stil see Ged Bull, Mick Oakes occasionally and see a lot of Johnny Hunt over in my second home of Tenerife. Dave Michelle was a ginge from Bestwood Park and I understand he died of heart attack either last year or the year before. Have seen Andy Trig occasionally but not heard anything of Mem for donkeys. Have seen Linda Rogers once or twice in last few years, still looking good.

Dave West.

• 7 months later...

Just discovered this site many memories and familiar names artists and nights..Ged Carroll formally Ilkeston and Notts..Now living in Oz.

Be nice to connect with a few of the old Ilson .. Dungeon crew / Beachcomber/ Wheel Blue Note Oldham / Blue Orchid / Clouds/ Brit and a few others

Welcome Ged, there's a lot of people on here with similar interests. You'll soon be made welcome.

Hi Ged welcome to the mad world of Nottstalgia. As you can see in previous posts I have put my recollections of the Dungeon / Beachcomber / Brit etc.

I went to a Brit reunion just before Christmas and a few old faces there. I still see Mondo from time to time and his ex April. They had a Palais reunion as well at Christmas so plenty of nostalgia still going on.

Maurice Moore ( Moz) is a member on this site and a few more who will probably contact you direct.

Thanks for the welcome ...I've just finished reading the 34 pages ..very entertaining and makes the toes curl remembering the music and the atmosphere.

Hopefully there will be few out there who remember me?

Cheers

Ged

HI Ged I have been in touch with my mate Trev Poole who remembers you as he knocked about with the Ilkeston crew in the day. He asked me are you on Facebook ?

• 2 weeks later...

Have to post to thank Nottstalgia!! A very old friend who I hadn't seen for around 40 years left me a personal message and since then we have met up and spent a very pleasant couple of hours talking of the old times and getting to know each other again. Geoff was one of the lads I used to go to the Dungeon with so I thought it appropriate to use this thread.

Thanks once again to all on Nottstalgia!!!

• Upvote 7
  • 4 weeks later...

Stu used to live just around the corner from me on Cardale Road I must have been about 12 or 13 and at the time stu was leader of the trent end a group of us used to wait outside his house for him to come out to go to the match.As we walked down the dale more and more would join us.it was amazing singing all the forest songs till we got in the famous city ground. Unfortunately lost contact with him when i joined the forces. Heard alot about him since,I.e how he ran pritty windows(peggers) where it used to be open at 4 in the morning packed solid with market traders and night shift workers. Would love to know if he is still about hear so many rumours. ie that he has retired to Spain.That he ended up in a wheel chair and is now dead. Stu was a massive part of the history of Notts and was a great bloke. Love to know the truth of what happened to him

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

If you want to find out what Mick Parker is up to these days and share some memories of the Dungeon days, make sure you're listening to BBC Radio Nottingham this morning (Sunday 4th Sepetmber)... Mick is guest of John Holmes just after 11am... 103.8FM or online www.bbc.co.uk/nottingham   

• Upvote 3

Just been listening: properly took me back to that era- I was too young to go but older family members were regulars and often talk of those days.

Listened to John Holmes interview with Mick Parker, enjoyed it but wish they'd have spoken more about the Dungeon.  

Why is this thread being locked in 3 months time?  

The Dungeon Club is what I googled several years ago and that search brought me to Nottstalgia ........ my life has never been the same again! 

Great times, great groups and music and the very best time to be a teenager in Nottingham.  

• Upvote 2

Well, it was worth getting up today because I've learned something new.

The thread was set to auto-lock in 3 months time. I didn't know such a feature existed, and I don't know who would've been able to do that (presumably Craig Strongman - who started it - or someone else).

But I've removed the timer, so it will be continue to be here for as long as - or longer than - any of us.

• Upvote 2
  • 2 months later...

Brilliant Moz, it kept me fascinated for almost an entire afternoon.