I wouldn't be surprised if large parts of the south western areas of West Bridgeford are now getting damage from the old workings from Clifton, including parts of Wilford too.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...you all should start a new trend and be like the opal miners in our state-live in luxurious homes built into the old mine workings.Think of all the free coal you could get to heat the dwellings. !jumping!

...you all should start a new trend and be like the opal miners in our state-live in luxurious homes built into the old mine workings.Think of all the free coal you could get to heat the dwellings. !jumping!

Big difference though Stan, opal mines are very shallow, UK coal mines are very deep, full of water and would cost a fortune in electricity to pump out, ventilate and maintain a winding system. You'd also be under mines regulations so therefore would have to have a minimum Class 3 certificate of competancy to occupy one. ;)

And they are bloody cold unless you set up house way inbye! :rolleyes:

Beeston Sewage works are no longer went five years or more, chilwell Sewage works are between the retail park, which was MOD land and the main railway line to Derby.

Bip.

Been a fair few years since I've been that way Den.

The workings stopped just short of the old sewage works, probably because it was protected, likewise, there is a block around where the first Clifton Bridge plus the power lines were, around the railway bridge over the Trent near the Toll Bridge and a few other areas shown that were protected.

Even Wollaton had to adopt different measures to mine under the University..

So buy up the property you can,there is a desparate shortage. Inthe south,ordinary houses are going up by about 122 pounds a day!-Wow nearly 42,000 pounds a year! Wish I had some money to invest in Nottingham where property is so cheap and only an hour by train to the smoke.

Wish I had some money to invest in Nottingham where property is so cheap and only an hour by train to the smoke.

2 hours 15 minutes now Stan...and getting worse year by year.

St Pancras journey now slower than in 1935!

Quicker nowadays to go via Grantham, assuming that your Central Trains connection will turn up.

Cheers

Robt P.

• 1 month later...

Cool Tony,hope it all goes to plan :victory:

• 3 weeks later...

Did you check up whats under the house Tony??

We've had an offer accepted on a place just round the corner from Berry Hill. A lovely little cul de sac. Only 3 peeps in the chain so I too hope for some plain sailing.

:Friends: I too am moving into a cul-de-sac with only two semi’s and another bungalow in.

Sold my house over six weeks ago and signed all there is to be signed but as yet not moved.

Bip. :angry:

We've had an offer accepted on a place just round the corner from Berry Hill. A lovely little cul de sac. Only 3 peeps in the chain so I too hope for some plain sailing.

:Friends: I too am moving into a cul-de-sac with only two semi’s and another bungalow in.

Sold my house over six weeks ago and signed all there is to be signed but as yet not moved.

Bip. :angry:

Sounds like everything moves at a snails pace lately your end Den.

I bought this place with no chain and it still took two months from selling my old place to moving in

;)

What's this chain business????

Would that be a toilet chain??LOL.

Please explain.

Baz :ph34r:

What's this chain business????

Would that be a toilet chain??LOL.

Please explain.

Baz :ph34r:

If someone buys your house and they have not sold theirs it starts to form a chain of people waiting ,similarly if the person you are buying from hasn't successfully bought their new one this causes more waiting I.E. you are constantly waiting for someone to 'close their deal' so that the next part of the chain can move on,when I bought this house it was 'vacant possession' in that the previous owner had gone into a home and so there was no waiting there and I had what is known as a 'Bridging Loan ' as I had not completed on selling my old "Shared ownership" house so I was not waiting for someone to close behind me either.

!rulez!

There you go Bazza clear as mud

;)

You’re going to laugh at this little tale guys.

Woke up this morning to a large plain lorry outside my house [7-1/2 tonner] thought for one moment that someone hadn’t told me I should be moving this day.

Bloke stood at my gates with clipboard in hand gesturing for me to come down, he wanted a word with me. Couldn’t go at my normal pace down the stairs because since helping my son with his fencing I’ve had a bad back.

I apologised to him for making him wait and explained why it took me so long to come out.

Mr B********** he enquired? No mate a Mr G****** and I’m not expecting a delivery of any sort.

3* W***b*** C***e yes. I have a washing machine for a MR B**********?

I informed him that this MR B is the person who is in the process of buying my house and that I couldn’t sign for the machine.

No worries he said ‘I will get on the phone and sort it out.

Several minutes later he tells me it’s sorted.

Two hours pass and Mr Mrs B are knocking on my door, making my apologise once again why I had took so long to answer he proceeded to explain why there had been a mix up with the delivery dates of the machine.

No worries I told him, by the way I have some post for you too.

Talk about jumping the gun no contracts or moving dates have been arranged as yet and my heart rate from that suprise on seeing that lorry outside of my property first thing has only just got back to it's normal rhythm. !rotfl!

Bip.

• 5 months later...
Thanks Caz

Just a little update. The iccle chian of 3 proved to be too many and it all fell through.

We sold again in September and hope to be in Forest Town by Christmas.

p.s Note I haven't put a year next to Christmas but thats the pessimist in me.

• 2 weeks later...

Thankyou Ayupmeducks!!

For all you coal mining experts. This is what the results of our search stated.

Coal Mining Search;

In accordance with your instructions we have carried out a Coal Mining Search.

We confirm that your search has revealed the following:

The property is in the likely zone of influence from workings in 4 seams of coal at 360m to 630m depth, and last worked in 1991.

Any ground movement from these coal workings should have stopped by now.

The property is not in the likely zone of influence of any present underground coal workings.

The property is not in an area for which the Coal Authority is determining whether to grant a licence to remove coal using underground methods.

However reserves of coal exist in the local area which could be worked on in the future.

A damage notice or claim for alleged subsidence damage was given, made or pursued in June 1996. The claim was discharged by repair.

There is no current Stop Notice delaying the start or remedial works or repairs to the property.

Further claim(s) within, or intersecting, the property that do not match the property address are shown on the attached plan.

The Coal Authority has not received a request to carry out preventive work before coal is worked under section 33 of the Coal Mining Subsidence Act 1991.

We note that we still await confirmation regarding the schedule of repairs with regards to the coal mining.

• 1 month later...

Well we're here!!!

Moved in on the 12th and feel like we've been here for years. The cul de sac we've moved into have all made us very welcome with flowers and cards. The Kids love their new schools so all is good.

Have a great Christmas and many thanks to everyone for the help along the way

!cheers!