Silly mistake....but folk have taken it too far........65000 want em sacking !   whilst i think the money they earn is almost criminal....just leave em alone..........what do you think?

Not my kind of programme, and I don't have any opinion of P & H, but it was bad planning by the TV company to not foresee the possibility of what might happen. 

And I don't understand why the tabloids pounced with such ferocity, and went on about it for so long after the event...... as if all those journalists have never done anything wrong themselves.

Words like Storm and Teacup come to mind.

Can't say I'm a fan of either of them, but I have always thought that the British press just love to put people like them on a pedestal when it suits them, only to take great delight at knocking them off at the slightest hint of any kind of wrong doing. The saying "the bigger they are the harder they fall" springs to mind.

It sells newspapers!

That's why I watched on TV RadfordDee, instead of taking up me personal invite. I've now got 75 pictures to keep as a record.

2 hours ago, RadFordee said:

@PeverilPerilPhillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby presenters on This Morning and Dancing on Ice amongst other things. 

Oh!!

Don't watch much telly - have lots of other things to do :happy: I do watch C4 news at 7, Also Breakfast on the beeb - usually when I'm rowing or cycling.  

I went to see the musical ‘Joseph’ at the London Palladium many years ago and Philip  Schofield was in the starring role.  He was very good I thought.  (Also went to see the same musical with Jason Donovan as Joseph -enjoyed that one the most!)

• 8 months later...
On 10/1/2022 at 11:38 PM, PeverilPeril said:

who are Phil and Holly?

Glancing through the on-line UK newspaper I am amazed at the coverage given to Wibbly Wobbly and Full-up Snowfield. Are people in the UK really interested in all this tosh about two people who didn't/don't have a real job and got paid exorbitant amounts of mullah for doing bugger all.

The UK papers are totally devoid of any real news, can anyone suggest one worthy of looking at.

I wonder how many 'normal' people are actually interested in the story.

I suspect it may be that journalists think people want to know - or have decided that everyone will be told, when in fact it's only those working in the media who have any interest in the matter.

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Phil and Holly

A total waste of space. Why people are so obsessed with other folks' dirty washing is beyond me. They must lead very dull lives. The lesson here? Don't put people on pedestals. They're just people, like everyone else.

A lot of these so called stars who are vastly overpaid need to learn the programmes they present are not about them but the features in general. Most of them have very average talent and actually believe the hype the PR crews put out about them, then don't like it when they are exposed as something very different.

• 4 months later...

I see that Wibbly Wobbly has quit "This Morning", probably big news in the UK but I wonder why it got any coverage here. Except for any ex-pats who follow the UK news 99% of the people who live here don't know who she is and don't care that she has quit the show. Not nice about the stalking though, no-one should have to suffer that.

Given the horrendous mess the world is in at present, who cares what some simpering, blonde haired bimbo is doing. I don't like the expression 'bimbo' but, for goodness sake, do we really need images of her inane grin, clad in sequins on every front page?  There are far more serious things to write about, surely.

• Like 4

I normally would have no interest in anyone who falls into the category of Willoughy-alikes; people who make the headlines simply for being there.

But in her case I’ll make an exception this time. Since it was announced that a psycho-nutter has been arrested for plotting to kidnap and murder her, she's found herself in the news for all the wrong reasons, so deserves some sympathy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Given the horrendous mess the world is in at present, who cares what some simpering, blonde haired bimbo is doing. I don't like the expression 'bimbo' but, for goodness sake, do we really need images of her inane grin, clad in sequins on every front page?  There are far more serious things to write about, surely.

Really? did someone get out of bed on the wrong side this morning? Does she honestly deserve such scorn?