Ayup Frank

All I got from the link was a blank screen, However if you stand in front of the old corn exchange on Thurland street, look across the road at the old Nottingham bank building then look up at the roof he's sat up there. Next question is...WHY

cheers

Roger

Ayup Mick

Not been to Nottingham for some time now and not got any plans in the near future either, But if I do get over I'll make a point of going on Thurland street with a camera to see if he's still up there.

Roger

• 12 years later...

RR Good point and one I've used myself in the past,Ā although evidence shows that our ancestors looked a lot different from what we do now... well different from some of us!

• Like 1

Reminds me of the time when we were visiting from Canada. Ā We went to Wollaton Hall withĀ my mother and her second husband. Ā (my dad died in '72). Ā Her new husband was a big evolution fan. Ā Most of you have probably seen the Gorilla there. Ā My mam suddenly said to him, Ā "Oh look! Ā there's one of your relatives." Ā He seemed to take it well. Ā They stayed married for years.Ā pieinface

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, loppylugs said:

Reminds me of the time when we were visiting from Canada. Ā We went to Wollaton Hall withĀ my mother and her second husband. Ā (my dad died in '72). Ā Her new husband was a big evolution fan. Ā Most of you have probably seen the Gorilla there. Ā My mam suddenly said to him, Ā "Oh look! Ā there's one of your relatives." Ā He seemed to take it well. Ā They stayed married for years.Ā pieinface

Ā 

my dad always teased my brother saying it was his brother.

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...

Yes Oz, remember Monkey vaguely, a character ran his finger over his lips to cast a spell?

Ā 

Back on topic, Radford Red posted a video of Percy ages ago, he used to play in the subway on Parliament St Saturday nights earley 90's, Ā also Running Horse on Mondays with a mate, both lefty's and semi acoustics..

Ā 

Also, Remember a chap. that busked in that subway, had aspirations of setting up a mobile burger van business..

Ā 

Red, no time to slum it abroad, get back on focus mate.;)

Ā 

Oz, I remember Monkey on TV but only because my kids likedĀ it - I thought it was a bit strange!

I remember the name of Corky the circusĀ boy but canā€™t bring any details to mind

The only Japanese series I can remember is the Water Margin, Monkey Magic seems to have entirely passed me by.

I saw both Water Margin and some MonkeyĀ magic. Water Margin was the better of the two.Ā 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2022 at 8:21 AM, Oztalgian said:

Who remembers Monkey the Japanese TV series of the late 70s or Micky Dolenz of the Monkees fame in playing Corky in Circus Boy in the early 60s?

I remember that series monkey , i saw Davy jones from the band the monkees when i worked in the horseracing stables for G toby balding , he had come to ride one of our horses in a charity race !

What was the other chinese series with david carradine , they'd call him grasshopper and he'd hold a red hot pot with his wrist ?

David, the other series you allude to was called, "Kung Fu". Carradine played the part of Kwai Chang Caine. His father was John Carradine, actor of many films. His brother is Keith Carradine, one of his films was 'Easy Rider', with Dennis Hopper. Hope this helps. B.

22 minutes ago, Beekay said:

David, the other series you allude to was called, "Kung Fu". Carradine played the part of Kwai Chang Caine. His father was John Carradine, actor of many films. His brother is Keith Carradine, one of his films was 'Easy Rider', with Dennis Hopper. Hope this helps. B.

ThanksĀ  Beekay for the memories!