• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Think old Danny Baker had been drinking Johnnie Walker what was he thinking?    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48212693?ns_campaign=bbc_breaking&ns_source=twitter&ns_m

Tho not a fan in later years (lamented elsewhere here, the passing of the era of Chris Ashley).

I see that Wikipedia have a pretty good entry for the station. Listing all the DJ's

Yep, even im ion there, as for Chris Ashley, heres a couple of things, firstly, hes on VIP Radio, sky 0196, every saturday evening with a show called The Mod Squad, and, back in 1980, he was responsible for me not being able to walk for 3 days!.

Basically, Chris decided i should join him and Graham Knight on a charity walk from Langley Mill, to Market Square in Nottm. We arrived ready for the leisurely walk at 10..00 am, but Chris did his arithmetic and timing, and concluded that if we walked, the pubs would be closed by the time we arrived, and so decided we would run the 11 or so miles. Now, if youve trained for a run of that distance, no problem, but i had recently returned from California, and the land of eat as much as u like breakfasts, and was carrying a pound or two extra.

We ran, and finished in time for a couple at The Children, and i seemed to be ok.......until the following morning, on trying to get out of bed, nothing worked, and i was in great pain, which lasted 3 'kin days!

Since then, i worked with Chris on a stage show in Markeaton Park for Century 106 fm (now Heart) and joined him as a colleague a year later at the same station.

I believe he now lives in Spain.

PS, i met Lee Dorsey at the Dungeon in 66 or 67, nice guy.

I did a lot of my O level revision to 301 on the transistor.

Saturday afternoon sports programme with The Mouth. Memories, memories. !jumping!

I remember going into the station early one saturday evening (Chris finished at 6, and i started at 10 back then) and he, and Les Bradd invited me for a swift half over at The Kids, well, 5 to 10 arrived and i was still with them, and only just made it into the studio for my show, and , very obviously the worse for wear! I never did that again! !tony!

Trent is not worth listening to anymore.

I started switching off when some bird with an annoying squeeky voice came on

from 2000 feet with traffic reports. Now shes a bloody DJ.

Trent is not worth listening to anymore.

I started switching off when some bird with an annoying squeeky voice came on

from 2000 feet with traffic reports. Now shes a bloody DJ.

I had a stint in the plane, working alongside Shirley Ann, is that who you mean?

No that name does not ring a bell.

Paula might, or was it Jo as in Jo & Twiggy?

The squeeky voice is unmistakable. Bit like a female Joe Pasquale?

Perhaps there two of them now?

Paula! of course, i forgot about her, she went on to become Andy Millers side kick, when Trent 102.8 became Ram, where i also worked. Jo has never done flying eye reports.

Dale gets a mention here i see......i had coffee with him in London a short time ago, as we sat there we were joined first by Jonnie Walker, then by Danny Baker...............I still keep in touch with Dale, and he soon starts a new run of Supermarket Sweep.

945TimDisneypic.jpg945GEMTeampic.jpgdalepic.jpg

Aparantly dale was born in Nottingham of which I must confess I didn't know....1955....he also worked for a short time in Yugoslavia for radio Danube again I didn't know.....must stay in more me thinks..... :tease:

Dale was not born in Nottingham, despite what it says on that IMDB website, even a quick Google will confirm that. He was born in London. (He has told me this!) His mum was an actress,who appeared in "A Hard Days Night" with The Beatles as one of the showgirls, and he lived next door to my auntie and uncle in Malvern ct, on Mapperley rd, even mentioning them in his biography (he changed my aunties name due to something that happened though!

PS, I will check this, but, last time i looked, Blue Danube Radio was in Vienna .

Yep, just checked, Vienna it was, not Yugoslavia.

Dale was a great DJ on Trent.

I remember a picture of him in a Bin Man outfit.

The Bin man was a dummy, with Dales head sticking out of the top of the dustbin on the bin mans back.

I wonder if we could get a copy of this pic from anywhere?

Ill ask him next time we speak, Dale does like to keep publicity memorobilia!

Incidentally, i just found an e mail that i received a long time back, of Dale, and David LLoyd, posing in the studio, trousers dowm, and flashing their underwear,for the Trent charity fund raiser. Ill try and post it................but dont hold ya breath!

He wasn't born in Nottingham, despite what it says on that IMDB website,  even a quick Google will confirm that. He was born in London.  (He has told me this!)    His mum was an actress,who appeared in "A Hard Days Night" with The Beatles as one of the showgirls, and he lived next door to my auntie and uncle  in Malvern ct, on Mapperley rd, even mentioning them  in his biography (he changed my aunties name due to something that happened though!

PS, I will check this, but, last time i looked,  Blue Danube Radio was in Vienna .

Yep, just checked, Vienna it was, not Yugoslavia.

If not born in Nottingham and Danube isn't a radio station in Yugoslavia well somethings wrong.......I was only quoting from several web site that say he is and it is.................Ummmmm

There's so many conflicting statements, for example his surname is it winner or wanton? was he born in London or Nottingham...is he Gay or not? lifes a mistery and a bitch.

I reckon you ought to have a word with him, get him on here and put one or two things right.

Born Dale Winton on May 22nd 1955, he would have had the surname Winner but for his mother, who hating the name and (allegedly) the family, insisted that before she would marry the name must be changed by deed poll. Winner became Winton. He was called Dale by his mother after the famous TV and Film actor Dale Robertson who is probably best remembered in the UK for his starring role in the long running western TV series "Wells Fargo".

Dale Winton (born Dale Wanton, May 22 1955)

Dale Winton

(May 22, 1955)

British DJ and TV-host and former DJ, born in Nottingham. Dale is the son of actress Sheree Winton.

Dale Winton (born May 22, 1955 in London) is an English radio DJ and television presenter.He was well known in Nottingham for his stint at Radio Trent, for his morning show from 1975 till 1984, when some kind of mix up with contracts, he did not renew. He did stints at Beacon Radio afterward.

He began his DJ career in London clubs before moving on to work professionally at United Biscuits Network (UBN) in 1974 where he presented his own morning show, broadcasting to the workforce. In 1977 he went to work at Nottingham's Radio Trent, then much further afield to Radio Danube (Yugoslavia). He came back to the UK to front an entertainment show at Chiltern Radio (Luton) .

Blue Danube Radio

Homepage of Danube Radio - Austrias only english-speaking radio station

dale.jpg

BIP, as i said, despite what those sites say, he is not from Nottingham, as for the other questions raised, Blue Danube Radio was out of Vienna, not Yugoslavia as mentioned.I recall Dales close firend, and a friend of mine too, Peter Tait, also had a stint there, although i may be wrong about that. As for Dale being Gay, i cant comment, although doesnt everyone know????? And as for getting Dale to post on any forum, As Dale himself used to say, "Id show my arse in the Vatican before that ever happened!" smile2

BIP, as i said, despite what those sites say, he is not from Nottingham, as for the other questions raised, Blue Danube Radio was out of Vienna, not Yugoslavia as mentioned.I recall Dales close firend, and a friend of mine too, Peter Tait, also had a stint there, although i may be wrong about that. As for Dale being Gay, i cant comment, although doesnt everyone know????? And as for getting Dale to post on any forum, As Dale himself used to say, "Id show my arse in the Vatican before that ever happened!" smile2

So everything you read on the internet isn't to be taken as gospel? :Friends:

maybe your right Caz I may need a Holiday but I have got to wait untill late august befor i have one, going down to corwall, or am I ......? :Friends:

And as for getting Dale to post on any forum, As Dale himself used to say, "Id show my arse in the Vatican before that ever happened!"

I rang the pope, He says he does not care what Dale does, as long as he gets the First showing.

Bless you my Son

With apologies to our Catholic Members... ;)

Is there not a Craig Strong on radio lincolnshire ?

Almost, i used to be on Lincs fm 102.2......"from the humber to the wash"....etc......also worked on other stations in the group, Trax fm in Worksop and Doncaster, and Fosseway radio in Hinkley.

I just got fed up of having to drive the 100 mile return journey (nearly) on all of their stations, so i stay closer to home nowadays.