• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Think old Danny Baker had been drinking Johnnie Walker what was he thinking?    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48212693?ns_campaign=bbc_breaking&ns_source=twitter&ns_m

Smithylass, it isnt Radio Lincs, cos thats the BBC station (well it is in as much as its Radio Lincolnshire abbreviated ) no its simply Lincs fm, and the period i was on there....? well there were 2, but i honestly cant remember exactly when, lets just say sometime between 95 and 2001/2 ish! Apart from my own weekend shows, i used to sit in mainly for Eddy Shaw, early afters, and also for Duncan on drivetime (5 till 9). Duncans voice can now be heard doing continuity on telly on the beeb channels, UKTV Gold etc.

It never did take much to impress my sis,big feet & a cheap bottle of Brut & it was all over hey me duck?? ;)

• 4 weeks later...

No it isnt, that logo was pre GWR/GCap days, and was replaced by the corporate logo where every station in the group has the same one with their own name on it, i suppose a little like their output, doesnt matter whether youre in Nottingham or Torquay, it all sounds exactly the same. Local radio?? I dont think so.

Is this still there ?

Why Red? Have you got it in your garage.

Is it me or is the image rather big......PhotoShop mate..

Funnily enough I've dug this out the garage !!!

The tin of 415g of Heinz baked beanz with pork sausages is to emphasize the size might just give it a spin on eBay

look lovely in your front room ...........or top of your house ?

Any guesses with pub it came off ?

391225586_bcf48e51d5_b.jpg

• 11 months later...
Dale was a great DJ on Trent.

I remember a picture of him in a Bin Man outfit.

The Bin man was a dummy, with Dales head sticking out of the top of the dustbin on the bin mans back.

I wonder if we could get a copy of this pic from anywhere?

Ill ask him next time we speak, Dale does like to keep publicity memorobilia!

Incidentally, i just found an e mail that i received a long time back, of Dale, and David LLoyd, posing in the studio, trousers dowm, and flashing their underwear,for the Trent charity fund raiser. Ill try and post it................but dont hold ya breath!

Did you ever get a chance to speak to Dale about this Photo Craig?

Sorry to pee on your bonfire boys and girls but it was Graham Knight who used to do the bin man stunt (He was on 'Game for a Laugh' doing it) He also ran around with a 'C.B.' which was a big Card Board box

Vaguely. Mid 80's, but as I said I saw him on 'Game for a laugh' doing a whole crazy routine

Sorry to pee on your bonfire boys and girls but it was Graham Knight who used to do the bin man stunt (He was on 'Game for a Laugh' doing it) He also ran around with a 'C.B.' which was a big Card Board box

And it only took you a year to mention it too, that was quick wasnt it!!!!!

As for me asking Dale about what was mentioned above...................I forgot!! We were talking about other things!

Oy sharp sh*t I wasn't a member when this was posted I just picked up on it when it was bumped by Mick!!!!!!!

If you don't grovel now i'll come over there and pour some salt on the ice next time you are skating.

i'll come over there and pour some salt on the ice next time you are skating.

You recently posted to report that your salt mines are now all gone...make your bloody mind up...

Cheers

Robt P

Oy sharp sh*t I wasn't a member when this was posted I just picked up on it when it was bumped by Mick!!!!!!!

If you don't grovel now i'll come over there and pour some salt on the ice next time you are skating.

Consider me on my knees........but dont say to me what Dale once did!!..Im sure you know the line.."While youre down there!!" smile2

Another one having a pop at me (I said we have one left this is the proper road used to grit the countries roads)

• 3 months later...

A Day In The Sound Of Radio Trent (Part 1) interview with Tug Wilson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXekK8DUmcg

A Day In The Sound Of Radio Trent (Part 2) - think that might be a chubby dale winton @ the end

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CianpZiMQGA...feature=related

Charting The Charts [Part One] (1989) Radio Trent FM

Charting The Charts (Part Two) Radio Trent FM

Yeh, Nice one Nick.

Shame Trent aint fantastic anymore!

Aint that the truth! Just for your info, on clip 2, at the start, the sound engineer is Al Bailey, who was at Radio Luxembourg, and has worked with many huge names, and did the engineering for Monty Python (cant remember which album). He is friends with Sir Jimmy Saville, and was a chum of the late great Alan "Fluff" Freeman.

The guy doing the voiceover is Chris Theobald, at one time promotions manager at Trent.

You are right about it being Dale towards the end

Thats a chubby Dale on 1 minute 18 secs also

Incedently Craig do you remember a Roy Palmer as a sound type bloke at Trent (He may have been outdoors)

Thats a chubby Dale on 1 minute 18 secs also

Incedently Craig do you remember a Roy Palmer as a sound type bloke at Trent (He may have been outdoors)

Do I know Roy Palmer!! Him and Jon Moon, were 2 of Trents original engineers. In fact, I only got a text from Moony earlier today, and Roy and him used to come to Love Shack when I was there. Coincidence too that Roys daughter by his first wife used to go there as well.

I was only talking to Steve Merike last night, and Kenny Hague today about how crap the industry has become.............

I went to (get this) church with Roy, and his brother(Alan) was my best mate for years , still is one of them for that matter

• 3 months later...
The beer that was named after them was CRAP too.

Bip.

What........there was a beer called Jo & Twiggy??????

Ill assume youve heard the news then about Jo, doing stuff on what is still called Virgin, but will soon be "Absolute Radio"? Twiggy will remain tho'