• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s perfectly legal to listen on the aircraft channel. An air band scanner starts at around £100. Look on Amazon. You need a license to transmit but you’ve got to be in an aircraft or in ATC to do th

GUILTY AS CHARGED! I was on from 81 through to 88, and i was one of the TURKEYS that iron cross and friends tried to get. but i was young and stupid then. now i'm just old and dumb! i was always mobil

Right to get this thread back going again.. there is another recording of old 'boxer' on http://ukcb.tripod.com there was two more of tony rifleman, but recorded quality was low, so being re-done. i

Oh yes Phil that was me! It actually wasn’t and I hadn’t heard of that story. It did make me laugh though. Pretty boring in ATC overnight, you definitely needed something to keep you awake when you have a small number of night flights. 

21 hours ago, Beekay said:

Rog., I used to like listening to a mates scanner, when pilots were passing overhead on their way to East Midlands airport. Not been so lucky since moving down here. How much could I expect to pay for a reasonable scanner, so as I can earwig aircraft passing over us towards Gatwick or Heathrow.? B. 

Or is it illegal?

Might be of interest

DSCF2564.jpg

DSCF2562.jpg

DSCF2560.jpg

Rog

• Upvote 1