admin

CB Radio

The late Keith 'Boxer' is a member as is Pete 'Manxman' who I know.

Itsearly 80s since I heard One Alpha but I remember the rhetoric.

"Attention, this is One Alpha, who is going to help me push this cement mixer up Carlton Hill"

Have you got a link to what you were listening to?

The link I listened to was http://livecbradio.co.uk/ Had to use Internet Explorer to load the audio tracks, wouldn't work with FireFox.

The recordings are on a loop, I came in at the bit where 1A is sending Morse, badly. The "ranty" bit is later in the recording.

MB

as an old CB'er i was the Twintub used to be a Mr muscle,,, Dr daft....jelly fish....freight liner...... can anyone remember the chicken shack CB radio shop in netherfield....?

we started the barrier-breakers club above the ..urm jacky bells... cant remember the real name of the pub

i have a friend who claims to have some of the original Alphas on an old reel to reel,

when he gets them on MP3 i'll upload them to the livecbradio site :)

i also have another 10 hours of boxer and some o the bulwell hardnuts, 10-1 tom, betty happiness and smokey, my dogs bigger than yours, all typical brain dead CBer stuff

but need to re record it all at a better sound quality, as well as the famous boxer rap and various boxer radio and songs he got played to him..

phil iron cross is still living where he did, cameras all over the house like he has a lot to hide..

radio at the moment is not the same, just half a dozen plebs that sit on 19 daily talking the same old crap..

on the website, I.E and all works ok, also if you use Chrome and install the I.E tab (plug-in) you can also play the streams and music..

the I.E plug in for firefox doesn't seem to work..

i have a friend who claims to have some of the original Alphas on an old reel to reel,

when he gets them on MP3 i'll upload them to the livecbradio site :)

i also have another 10 hours of boxer and some o the bulwell hardnuts, 10-1 tom, betty happiness and smokey, my dogs bigger than yours, all typical brain dead CBer stuff

but need to re record it all at a better sound quality, as well as the famous boxer rap and various boxer radio and songs he got played to him..

phil iron cross is still living where he did, cameras all over the house like he has a lot to hide..

radio at the moment is not the same, just half a dozen plebs that sit on 19 daily talking the same old crap..

on the website, I.E and all works ok, also if you use Chrome and install the I.E tab (plug-in) you can also play the streams and music..

the I.E plug in for firefox doesn't seem to work..

OK BP,

Thanks. Can hear all the streaming audio OK with IE and I'll keep an eye on your site in case your mate finds the old Alpha stuff.

MB

Think there was another thread floating around on here a fair while back I think re CB, my mum was heavily involved in cb radio, as being an elderly widow, it was her link to the outside world and she developed lots of new friends directly from her cb radio days.

She was in a club too and I'm sire they used to meet at Mapperley golf club sometimes

When I had to clear her house in 2005 she still had all the gear in a box in the spare room, shame but it all went in the skip !

The big aerial I put up for her was still attached to the back wall of the house though, as it was just too hard for me to get up there then to remove.

She also had a long wire antennae that someone had put up for her, and a shortwave receiver, which I did hang onto but later sold.

Bulwell had one too ! Then another at the old Co-op site just before Moorbridge roundabout called "Breakers 20".

I had a president Veep paid £65 for it almost a weeks wage back in those days and I can say I was the third person to have one in carlton netherfield switched it on and heard nothing ......... until around 4:30 and Jellyfish came home from work....

Back in the 80s in Mansfield there were many users. 

We always used to meet up on Thursday night.

There was 

Mr blue sky

Angel delight

Renegade

Black lady

Black velvet

Can any on else remember

• Like 1

Been having a think of how many of my friends I first got to know through the CB & I've got up to 15'ish. I met my wife through a CB friend so I can blame CB for all the shouting's at I get, lol..

• Like 1

10-4 to that good buddy

Rog (and out)

• Like 1