Anyone who worked at Elastic Yarns or Naafi Office

Terry Murden worked at Plessey's in Beeston for many years until the late 90's. Not heard of him since.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi my name is Dave Callard and I worked at Elastic Yarns between 1966 - 1975. I worked in Purchasing with Harry Wheat. The people I remember when I was working there are as follows. Bill Metcalf ( M

Hi LizzieM, must confess I laughed out loud at your little anecdote concerning your Great-Aunt Connie who was an 'excellent cook'. I have a similar story: I recall my Grandma, Mrs Florrie Jackson

Posted Images

will do dave probly be at mfn on wednessday if the weather is kind to us

Hi Babs......MFN is that Miles From Nowhere ? the old Shipley Boat Inn. If so I used to go there in the 70's to soul nights . That takes me back.

If you do see Andy my surname is Callard.

thats right dave old shipley boat in whent there a few times in the early seventies too when dave was in the raf used to go out there with friends.

no sorry dave weather so bad not very many bikes there and we went a little later than usual to see malcs band the hot motor cycle club brilliant night despite not a lot there

no sorry dave weather so bad not very many bikes there and we went a little later than usual to see malcs band the hot motor cycle club brilliant night despite not a lot there

Ok Babs thanks for letting me know.

i keep looking for him when we go on a wednessday

i keep looking for him when we go on a wednessday

Thanks Babs. Hope he remembers me when you do see him.....would be nice to meet up for a chat.

• 1 month later...

will do micheal he has been down mfn the last couple of wednessday nights as the weather been so good as i said to dave i did ask him about dave he said it was him he vaigly remembers dave but carnt put a name to him.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi richonmc1 yes Alan is fine thanks. He is now in his eighties but looks really good. We went for a lovely meal at The Bridge Inn at Gamston.

The other guys on the day were Oliver Allen , Dave Holland and Steve Smith don't know if you recall any of those names.

Hi Ann I got there early....in fact I was first there and when Ollie walked in I recognised him straight away bearing in mind not seen him for over 40 years.

We had a lovely meal and Ollie gave me a lift home which was very kind of him.

• 1 year later...

Hi Wolfe Peter Hein,

I worked at Elastic Yarns late sixties/ early seventies ( see previous posts)  Sorry to inform you that Bill Metcalf passed away earlier this year in a nursing home in Nottingham.

For the last couple of years I have been meeting up with Alan Rose and a few others  twice a year for a meal and Alan is often in touch by e-mail.

Regards

Dave Callard

• 2 years later...