City centre pub with music hall

Can anyone remember a city center pub with a downstairs music hall...or is my memory  fading its an age thing.

Gem.

It's been a long time since i have posted but that has not stopped me from reading everyone's posts.

I have looked at pics of the Malt Cross and it isn't what i remember. There was a long bar and behind the bar was a staircase that went down to the music hall definitely not on the same scale. As the queen said 'recollections may vary'. I appreciate you checking for me.

Gem

10 hours ago, Gem said:

I have looked at pics of the Malt Cross and it isn't what i remember. There was a long bar and behind the bar was a staircase that went down to the music hall definitely not on the same scale. As the queen said 'recollections may vary'. I appreciate you checking for me.

Gem

When you remember this, how long ago was it ?

14 hours ago, Willow wilson said:

There was 'The Old Vic' on Fletcher gate many years ago next to the Cross Keys pub. Old Vic had a few comedy and musical acts in its day. 

The Old Vic seems to fit the bill plus mention of Cross Keys......thank you

12 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

When you remember this, how long ago was it ?

Willow's mention of the Old Vic and Cross Keys seems to fit the bill and time scale was 50+ years ago.

23 hours ago, MargieH said:

Nice to see you’re posting again, Gem x.  Are you still living up north?

Thank you Margie I have logged in many times but never felt i had much to say.  I am still living in the North East but now in a very small village called Mugglswick, i was left the property as the only relative of my dad's brother whom i had never met. Google it and you will see what the back of beyond looks like....but the greyhounds and i love it.

• Like 2

@Gem Looked it up and I see what you mean.  The population seems to be getting less as the years go by!  But, as you say, it suits you and the dogs so that’s good.  Was it you who makes dolls’ house furniture or am I getting confused….

On 11/6/2022 at 10:52 PM, MargieH said:

@Gem Looked it up and I see what you mean.  The population seems to be getting less as the years go by!  But, as you say, it suits you and the dogs so that’s good.  Was it you who makes dolls’ house furniture or am I getting confused….

No Margie your faculties are as sharp as ever, when Alan died i lost interest but now have started again. Internet signal is a bit iffey so I tend to use it through the night.