A question about NIH

I’m not sure where to put this so thought I would start another topic. Has anyone heard of NIH ? A friend wrote to me about it but I cannot understand why and what for. Apparently it’s the National Institute of Health that helps all sorts of people in difficulty through health or circumstances. We certainly aren’t in any sort of difficulty, health wise or financially. She is or was financially comfortable .She says she received a great deal of money and wondered if I had too. I think this is a scam of some sort so I won’t go into it. She contacted me through FB privately and I can see her photo but as I’ve had this sort of things before it’s “ be careful alert. 

You could contact her via her email or phone/text and ask her if the message is genuine - maybe someone has hacked into her Facebook  account …. It sounds a bit suspicious to me, but of course it COULD be genuine

• Cliff Ton changed the title to A question about NIH

Margie, this lady isn’t really a “ friend” she and all her family were clients of ours from Radcliffe when we had the restaurants there and my son is friends with her 2 nephews so I will be able to contact her in some way. She asked for friendship quite a while ago which I accepted but there was never much “ correspondence “between us

I had another one from her so I accepted again and this conversation started telling me what they do.

In one comment she used the word “ gotten” which is American and that’s when I got suspicious Then looking back she seemed to be pushing . I would think after not being in contact for a long while she would have asked about family etc. So I came to the conclusion that it was spam as some of the wording didn’t sound English. Thanks anyway and Thankyou CT for searching them.

Nonna when you mention Radcliffe do you mean Radcliffe on Trent? Definitely my neck of the woods if so.  Your “correspondence” with the “friend” sounds very suspicious to me.

Mrs B

• Like 1

Definitely suspicious as you’d already accepted her first ‘friend request’ when she asked again!  I’m fairly sure the second request is not from her, But from someone else who has managed to get control

of her account.

Goodness nonna. I lived in Cropwell Butler on Radcliffe Road after Tollerton where I was born and my first marriage reception was at the Chestnuts at Radcliffe on Trent. My nephews are still in Cotgrave. Where did you go to school?

Mrs B

We were at the White House in Butler in the 70’s just as you come into the village down Radcliffe Road from the old fosse around the left hand bend past the old police house on the corner. Built by Malcolm Gray who lived opposite and son (I think) of Jesse Gray of WB primary school fame. Garfield Sobers, that great WI Cricketer lived for a time at a small bungalow as you came down Radcliffe Rd before the village on the right. Think he was playing for Notts at the time.  Mr Parr of Parrs pork sausages lived at the back of us. The Parnhams had the post office opposite the Plough pub and I still keep in touch with Christine Parnham who now lives in Glasgow.

Lovely village although in my teens I hated it as it was too far away from the Nottm scene at the time. Would love to live there now though although sadly we don’t have the bank account to do so!

Mrs B