Winter fuel & Christmas bonus.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I really must check to see if mine has arrived yet. Thing is... with my vast wealth, it's easy to overlook a few hundred here or there...... Eitherway, it will help a bit towards the almost £6k I

Something I've never understood or agreed with is the meter standing charge. They were introduced back in the 30's for new supplies when installation costs were expensive, they never went away because

Set a reminder, I can't remember things a day or two ahead, never mind 400 years!

I bought something from cancer research the other day. They asked at the till if I’d like to add a pound to the price. I told them that while their CEO gets paid £240,000 pa I wouldn’t thank you.  They seemed a bit miffed.

• Like 2

I think some of the smaller charities are better - we have MIND and SCOPE in Ely and they seem to be less well supported….  They are always very grateful when stuff is donated to their shops,

5 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Perhaps, like me, Pianoman, you're not 66 yet. I don't qualify either. Not old enough!

I am 66. To qualify for winter fuel allowance you must be born on or before 26th September 1956. I was born on the 30th. Could have been worse. There must be someone out there born at ten past midnight on the 27th!

I have received my “Bonus”!!! In the past but haven’t checked it for years. I still should receive it but it doesn’t make any difference if I don’t . But I suppose it’s an extra that we don’t get here.

11 hours ago, The Pianoman said:

To qualify for winter fuel allowance you must be born on or before 26th September 1956. I was born on the 30th

Seems a bit arbitrary. If the same applies next year, I won't be eligible, either!

17 hours ago, LizzieM said:

Do you know what?  I wish I was too young to get the Winter Fuel Allowance and the Christmas £10 bonus.  

Lizzie I know your feelings, £10 wont make you any younger. Here Alex’s pension is also given for the 13 th month and sometimes 14 th month but don’t understand the extra month. All bills arrive this month so pensioners are pleased . I don’t get it though. Alex worked in Jersey before he went to Nottm and besides him getting a small pension I get one too although I’ve never worked there. It’s the grand total of £14 per month.:victory:

2 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

Two pints of bitter and a packet of crisps and now I ‘feel’ younger. 

Don’t think it would even go that far here.

1 hour ago, nonnaB said:

Lizzie I know your feelings, £10 wont make you any younger. Here Alex’s pension is also given for the 13 th month and sometimes 14 th month but don’t understand the extra month. All bills arrive this month so pensioners are pleased . I don’t get it though. Alex worked in Jersey before he went to Nottm and besides him getting a small pension I get one too although I’ve never worked there. It’s the grand total of £14 per month.:victory:

nonnaB I can go one further than that. When first started working I had a private pension where the “pension man” who lived in the village used to come round and collect the money. When I joined the company pension scheme I amalgamated this private pension into the company scheme apart from a small amount which for some reason stayed with the other provider. This now pays me a princely sum every September of £15 and if I die Mr B will be entitled to £7.50 per annum. Of course taxable too, how ridiculous.

My husband and i get a small small pension from Jersey, He worked there for a short while but ive never worked there. This pension goes into an account in UK. We dont use it, but the bank keeps sending debit cards to both and a credit card to my husband. I havent had an english cc for a few years and every so often i used to be able to go online for checking the account. Now for some stupid reason i cant get into the account. So phoned the bank and got an indian gentleman. Dont get me wrong he was charming and very helpful but it took him ages to understand what i was asking for. At the finish it was a confermation number that i needed to get into the account which they were sending me on my phone. Where we live there is no signall so now i have to wait for the confirmation number by post  and apparently have to wait 25 days. So glad that when it does arrive i can go out on a spending spree.:jumping:

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Winter fuel & Christmas bonus.